Connecting the headset
Can I use adapters for connecting the Varjo VR-1 to my computer?
We recommend connecting the headset to a computer using the Link Box without adapters. For example if your laptop does not have full DisplayPort, it is better to use DisplayPort to Mini-DP cable rather than an adapter. We cannot guarantee functionality with adapters.
I connected the headset to my desktop PC using the Link Box but I cannot see the image on my headset display.
There can be a few reasons why this could happen. Try the following:
- Ensure that you have connected the DisplayPort cables and USB-A cable to your desktop PC using the connectors on the back of your PC. In many cases, the connectors on the back are routed to the USB root and connectors in front are behind a USB hub. This may cause a connectivity issue.
- Check that the Link Box is connected to a wall power socket using the Varjo-supplied power source.
- If your PC has both an integrated graphics card and a dedicated graphics card, use the ports on your dedicated graphics card.
- Make sure you have connected the cables in the right order. Unplug the headset blue cable from the Link Box and reconnect the cables (in this order): 1) First connect the Link Box to your computer and a power socket. 2) Connect the red cable from the headset to the Link Box. 3) Connect the blue cable from the headset to the Link Box.
I connected the headset to my laptop using the Link Box but I cannot see the image on my headset display.
Try the following:
- There are specific requirements for supported graphics card and connectors defined in the System requirements. Please make sure your laptop is compatible with the requirements.
- Choose the best option from the alternative connectivity options depending on the type of your computer and what ports it has.
- Make sure you have connected the cables in the right order. Unplug the headset from the Link Box and reconnect the cables (in this order): 1) First connect the Link Box to your computer and a power socket. 2) Connect the red headset cable. 3) Connect the blue cable from the headset to the Link Box.
I connected the headset using an external dock between my headset and the laptop for extra DisplayPorts/USB-C. I cannot see the image on my headset display.
External docks act as a USB hub and may cause compatibility issues. We recommend connecting laptops using the Link Box directly and without connectors or adapters . See the System requirements for more details.
I shut down my computer, but the headset does not turn off.
The headset gets powered through the Link Box power supply. When plugged into the wall socket, the headset remains powered on even if you turn off your computer.
When the headset is not used for a longer period of time, it is recommended to unplug the Link Box from the wall socket and disconnect the headset’s blue optical cable from the Link Box. Unplugging both cables will shut down the headset.