We’re looking for legends, current and future
If you want to change VR, computing and the world, you’re in the right place. If you want a job where you just show up and do the same boring stuff every day, you’re not.
DevelopersComputational Vision Developer Helsinki Computational Vision Lead Engineer Helsinki Mixed Reality, Software Lead Helsinki System Software Developer, VR Team Helsinki System Software Developer, MR Team Helsinki Computer Vision Developer, Eye Tracking Helsinki Computer Vision Developer, Tracking Helsinki Software Developer Helsinki Unity Developer Helsinki Senior Input and Interactions Developer Helsinki Senior Computing Platform Developer Helsinki Senior Unreal Engine Developer, Computing Platform Helsinki Tooling and Automation Engineer, Gaze Tracking Helsinki Senior Windows Driver Developer Helsinki Senior Unity Engine & SDK Developer Helsinki Senior 3D Graphics & Rendering Developer Helsinki
Meet some of our engineers, coders and designers and see if you’d like to work with us.
“Only our imagination is the limit.”
Varjo’s founders are a team of rock stars. I’ve previously worked with them at Nokia and Microsoft, so before joining Varjo I already knew they were world-class when it comes to making products. I knew that we could make something spectacular together.
“No one has solved the problems we’re solving.”
What we’re working on at Varjo has literally never been done before. That’s beyond exciting.
“Leave me alone, I know what I’m doing.”
We’re defining VR, XR and augmented reality as it should be, not as it’s used right now. The people who work here want to be part of that.
“What we do is controlled chaos.”
My background is in gaming. Before I came to Varjo I was writing a lot of 3D algorithms and system software, and I created the world’s first real-time raytracer.
“We’re about making real products, not patents.”
We’re solving one of the biggest problems with VR - resolution. Our first headset will be revolutionary compared to everyone else’s. And that’s exciting.
“Everything will change.”
I’ve been coding since I was 6 and a professional programmer since I was 16. My background is in relative computer graphics and computer vision, and I still code every day.
Hierarchy is great when you’re running a factory or an army. But when you’re a hardware and software company that’s changing VR and how the world computes, it’s not.
We only recruit the most intelligent, talented and legendary people on the planet, so assigning them a seat and telling them what to do would be a huge waste of their value and our time.
At Varjo, you’ll work with the best people and tech stacks out there. And you’ll have the freedom and tools you need to change the world.
Work with perks
- Work with the best You’ll work with the world’s best developers, engineers and professionals. We also partner with world-class brands and organizations to develop our technology. You’ll work with them, too.
- The highest tech Work on building a tech stack that doesn’t even exist. Here you’re not only working with game-changing tech tools, you’re creating them.
- Freedom It’s like the famous Finnish F1 driver Kimi Räikkönen once said: “Just leave me alone, I know what I’m doing.” No one’s going to tell you how to do your job. You know best.
- Salary You can’t put a price tag on passion, but still. We’ll show you how much we value your skills and dedication to your craft.
- Healthcare We’ve always got your back. No, like literally. If you get hurt or sick, we’ve got you covered with first-class private medical plans.
- And way more A big bright office right in the center of Helsinki. Cool colleagues, flexible vacation time. Healthy and non-healthy snacks. No costume parties. And so much more.
Welcome to the capital of the happiest place on earth
Finland is officially the happiest country in the world, and Helsinki is its livable, lovable and workable capital. What’s the best thing about living and working here? Take your pick.
- Size matters Home to over 600,000 people, Helsinki is a big city with a small-town feel. It’s quiet but offers all the good things that bigger cities offer, like lots of bars, restaurants, stores, services, events and more.
- Getting around The center of the city is small, but Helsinki itself is spread out over a wide area that’s easy to navigate on foot, by bike or on the city’s stellar public transport system.
- Kid-friendly Helsinki is a great place to raise a family. It’s got free and top-notch schools, lots of fantastic daycare options, and playgrounds galore. Not to mention free healthcare, safe streets and lots of outdoor activities.
- So fresh and so clean Want to live in one of the cleanest and safest places on the planet?
- Tech central Helsinki is home to loads of tech, gaming and other startups, not to mention the world’s leading startup event, Slush.
- Weird but wonderful If you decide to move to Finland, get ready for people back home to ask: “Are you crazy?!?” We hope so. It’s the people with the craziest ideas who change the world. And this weird, wonderful country is the place to do it. Don’t worry, we’ll help you with the move.
Life at Varjo
Don’t see your dream job?
If you’re passionate about tech and love to push limits, we want to know more. Send an open application to and tell us who you are.