Create and interact with true-to-life virtual automotive designs.
Varjo’s mixed and virtual reality solutions drastically reduce the cost of designing, engineering, and selling new car models through better and faster collaboration.
Learn why 17 of the 20 largest automotive manufacturers in the world choose Varjo VR when building and selling the vehicles of tomorrow.
Benefits across the entire automotive value chain.
- Bring your creations to life – visualize, iterate and modify designs quickly with the highest visual fidelity on the market.
- Reduce dependency on physical models and in-person design reviews with photorealistic virtual prototyping, saving hundreds of thousands of dollars in costs.
- Conduct global design reviews remotely in hours, reducing weeks from travel time.
- Model, validate and iterate production processes in a virtual environment enabling engineering decisions to be made earlier in the process.
- Build more immersive experiences with a completely natural blending of real and virtual objects.
- Sell more effectively, with reduced need for showroom models.
Why invest in the world's most advanced mixed reality?
In the automotive industry, details matter. Whether you are working in design, engineering, quality assurance, or sales at the showroom, not being able to experience a car as if it were right in front of you is a non-starter for adopting VR across the organization.
Varjo’s industry-leading visual fidelity enables seeing even the smallest details. Thanks to the wide, 120 x 105 -degree field of view, large objects can be viewed in full binocular vision. You’ll also enjoy colors that mirror reality – the widest-ever color gamut 96% with DCI-P3 color space.
Unlock ROI across the automotive value chain
Varjo’s video pass-through mixed reality in the XR-4 series allows you to blend photorealistic virtual and real elements, which is completely unlike the translucent and ghostlike visuals of optical see-through solutions. Varjo XR-4 series headsets also come with advanced depth awareness, enabling building hand, object, and people occlusions.
Thanks to these capabilities, you’ll be able to streamline design reviews and speed up iterations, reduce reliance on physical prototypes, model and optimize assembly processes, run demanding safety or driving simulations, and build interactive showroom experiences that remove the need for extensive inventory.
16/20 of the world's largest automotive manufacturers choose Varjo.
“Before, reviewing a car model with design management meant flying to Korea and took at least four days. Now, I can do it in one hour.”
– Gregory Guillaume, Vice President of Design at Kia Motors Europe
“With the XR-4, we’re steadily moving towards a future where virtual and physical prototyping converge. Varjo, a company within the Volvo Cars Tech Fund portfolio, has always been class-leading when it comes to resolution. Now, with an expanded field of view and enhanced optics, they deliver an unsurpassed immersive experience.”
–Jeremy Offer, Global Head of Design at Volvo Cars
“Varjo has taken a lot of time and money out of the process and lets us iterate and integrate more quickly than ever before. We can make changes and apply a whole range of new materials and know exactly what the final product will be like. Varjo helps keep Rivian on the path of moving the industry forward.”
– Trevor Greene, Lead of Surface Design and Visualization at Rivian Automotive
Varjo Reality Cloud Now Available for Autodesk VRED
The new Varjo Reality Cloud platform allows professionals to stream VR/XR applications from the cloud with a lossless visual fidelity.
Varjo Reality Cloud with cloud streaming support for Autodesk VRED is now available for up to five concurrent users per company at $1495 per month.
Want to learn more about Varjo's VR for automotive design?
Our professional-grade virtual and mixed reality solutions will transform the way you do automotive design, engineering, or sales.