System Administrator / IT Manager
At Varjo we create hardware and software to fulfill our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
To do the best products we need the best people. The best people need to be able to focus on their core tasks. Your skills and expertise are essential in enabling this by providing them an easy-to-use, responsive, reliable and secure IT environment in which to operate. As our IT Manager / System Administrator, you will manage Varjo’s IT infrastructure and system environments.
You will install and configure software, hardware and networks, as well as manage server infrastructure in the cloud and on-premises. You'll set up accounts and workstations, monitor performance, and maintain systems according to requirements. You will upgrade systems with new releases and models. If there is an issue or outage, you will troubleshoot it.
To succeed in this role, you need to understand security requirements and be able to build and maintain a secure system infrastructure with access controls, firewalls and different network tools. It will also be your responsibility to maintain our internal technical documentation, manuals and IT policies.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland.
- Installation and configuration of new and operational support of existing laptops and desktops, both Windows and Mac
- Administration of Microsoft 365 environment including Sharepoint Online and various other systems
- Network support and maintenance for both hardware and software
- Troubleshoot local computer, software and network problems
- Overall responsibility for IT security including network, terminals, systems and services
- Procurement of IT hardware, software and services
- 5+ years of experience as IT Manager, System Administrator or similar role
- A degree in Computer Science – or equivalent real-world experience
- Knowledge of Windows 10 and MacOS operating systems
- Strong experience with Microsoft 365 stack including Office 365, Azure AD, Exchange, SharePoint Online, and PowerShell
- Knowledge of networking services and techniques
- Knowledge of system security and data backup/recovery
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work and act independently
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Experience with NetSuite is a bonus
- Freedom and responsibility to build the IT setup for a growing company
- A start-up culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki