Cloud Operations Engineer
Cloud Operations Engineer
At Varjo we create hardware and software to fulfil our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
We are looking for seasoned cloud operations engineer. Your job is to manage and develop our infrastructure for cloud applications. You will be working closely with our cloud engineering team and dedicated software teams to architect and improve the whole lifecycle of our cloud services, starting from the design to deployment to measuring and optimizing performance and cost efficiency. You will also co-operate with our DevOps team to implement solid cloud native QA/CI pipelines.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. We also support remote working from other cities in Finland. If you are coming from abroad, we will gladly support relocating to the capital of the world's happiest country.
Your responsibilities are:
- Designing, implementing and monitoring Varjo’s AWS infrastructure
- Creating and maintaining infrastructure automation
- Integrating test pipelines with our DevOps teams
- Performance and cost optimization of cloud infrastructure
- Experience in deploying and maintaining secure infrastructure on Amazon Web Services
- Experience in infrastructure automation on AWS
- Familiarity in working with CI tools, especially Jenkins
- Experience in system administration, of both Windows and Linux environments
- Experience in designing and implementing monitoring for measuring KPIs and system availability with tools like CloudTrail, CloudWatch and New Relic
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in virtual and mixed reality products and experiences
- A start-up culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki and the opportunity to work remotely in Finland
Get in touch
Ready to join? Apply now.
Include your CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile. Send us details of work you are especially proud of and what you did in those projects – wow us.
If you know people who are already working for Varjo, feel free to drop their names in your message.
These roles will be filled as soon as suitable candidates are found.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply. Even if your profile is not a perfect match but you want to learn and grow, we would love to hear from you.