Lead Quality Engineer
At Varjo we create hardware and software to fulfil our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
Redefining how we think about and experience computers in the future is quite a journey in software creation. An activity at the core of that journey is testing software that supports our iterative development approach. Our world-class developers, HW innovators and designers are not able to do their magic if we don’t do magic also in testing our product every day.
Your job will be to design, specify and run test procedures and test cases which give continuous feedback to your developer colleagues. At Varjo we approach testing and quality assurance with a unique mix of automation, telemetry, manual and user-based testing where manual testing is one of the core pillars. You must be passionate about building software in the right way and doing smart testing as a part of a larger engineering team. We expect you to sit down and write test cases, spend hours debating how we should test our software and then continuously support the execution of test plans as part of our iterative development process. Our developers are a collection of world-class talent, and we want you to aim for the same level in your line of work.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. We are open to discuss remote working from other cities in Finland. If you are coming from abroad, we will gladly support relocating to the capital of the world's happiest country.
- Design, specify and support execution of manual test activities as part of our Virtual Reality and Mixed Reality software development. Work with your developer and design colleagues to define what, how and when we test and write those tests.
- Drive a culture of quality software delivery and data-centric thinking where continuous integration and testing is an activity that creates a rhythm where we always have something that works.
- Act as an intermediary between development teams and test teams to reinforce continual delivery of quality products and support the software releasing process.
- There is no micromanaging, you need to be self-driven and you keep your eye on the ball, finding opportunities for improving quality assurance and testing by analyzing test results, bug reports and design specifications.
- Multiple years of hands-on experience of designing test cases and running test procedures as part of complex software development. The more complex the system the better, amaze us!
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in executing test cases when the need arises.
- Being able to work with specifications and designers to translate intended behavior into test cases, creating tests that will catch regressions, and have worked in an iterative development process.
- Track record of shipping products and being a key individual in the integration and test effort.
- Team player, ability to perform in cross functional teams and to share knowledge with others.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
Nice to have
- Experience working with Software as a Service and cloud computing.
- Hands on experience working with AWS.
- Experience working with offshore test teams.
- Previous experience in working with/enthusiasm for virtual reality and augmented reality systems.
- History and experience working with graphics focused R&D or 3D engines such as Unreal or Unity, or other relevant industry such as consumer electronics.
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in virtual and mixed reality products and experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki and the possibility to work remotely in Finland.
Get in touch
Are you the person we are looking for? Want to join the journey towards redefining computing? Ready to join? Apply now.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.