At Varjo we create hardware and software to fulfill our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
Our development programs combine our engineering and supply chain experts into an accountable high performing team, working with the best partners in the world.
Your key role is to perform supplier scouting and supplier evaluation, ensure the right supplier selection to support company strategy and goals, own supplier contracts, ensure components cost competitiveness through price negotiations, and manage the supplier relations. You collaborate with multi-functional stakeholders at each stage of the technology and product lifetime. You manage and monitor supplier's performance to ensure they meet company's requirements.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting and remote work from other cities in Finland is a possibility we can discuss and support.
- Transfer the company strategy and goals to applicable sourcing strategy and supplier plan
- Scout for suppliers, identify and evaluate the right suppliers, ensure a healthy and competitive supplier base for the company needs
- Ensure with other stakeholders the right supplier selection, negotiate contracts and agreements with the suppliers
- Create and maintain a strong relationship with suppliers and partners
- Develop KPIs, and assess and follow supplier performance accordingly
- Collaborate with program supply chain managers for problem solving and program success
- Provide Total Cost analysis for decision making
- Develop sourcing processes and systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or MBA
- 15+ years’ experience in sourcing field, 5+ years’ experience in sourcing leadership
- Wide network in electronic, EM and optics component suppliers, experienced in working with Asian suppliers
- Familiarity with procedural best practices in supplier management, including creating and managing supplier contracts
- Proven experience in data mining, analysis, logical decision making
- Experience in managing supplier performance, including supplier auditing
- Proficient understand of all levels of the supply chain processes
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Organizational and management skills
- Attitude for problem solving and troubleshooting
- Excellent collaboration skills and intercultural sensitivity, proven skills in building partnerships
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills
- Fluent Business English and readiness for traveling. Chinese capability is a plus
- A start-up culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively, even remotely
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Get in touch
Ready to join? Apply now.
Include your CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile. Send us details of work you are especially proud of and what you did in those projects – wow us.
If you know people who are already working at Varjo, feel free to mention their names in your message.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.