Senior Computer Vision Engineer, Visual SLAM
At Varjo we create both hardware and software that will define the future of immersive computing. The mixed reality experiences we are creating will empower each of us to be more creative and more productive.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We offer an exciting position where you, together with our top notch scientists and engineers, will define what the future is going to be like.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like they do right now.
A device with eyes and other sensors is virtually useless without the capability of understanding the surrounding environment in a similar fashion as we humans do. Creating this capability is where you come into the picture.
We at Varjo are looking for a senior computer vision engineer to join our Computer Vision Team working on visual SLAM.
You will be working with a top notch team that aims at creating a visual SLAM system which accuracy and robustness matches that of Varjo's unique human eye resolution display.
You not only follow scientific publications related to this topic, but you also enjoy solving complex real world problems and getting those solutions in the hands of real users.
Our scientists, developers, designers and HW engineers are world-class in what they do, and we want you to aim at the same level.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities within Finland is a possibility we can discuss, and we will gladly help with the process of relocating to Finland if you are currently based somewhere else.
- Research, develop, implement and optimize algorithms and software solutions related to visual SLAM and localization
- Create production level code that is elegant and maintainable
- Take accountability for solutions that are modular and testable. Have pride for building unit and regression testing to prove that your code and solutions truly work
- Work closely with hardware and other software engineering teams on tech selections and solutions
- When necessary debug, optimize and aspire to make things pixel-perfect. Be willing to spend time in making things truly amazing, not just great
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas: SLAM, dense mapping, 3D-reconstruction, feature (eye, pose, gesture, object) tracking, image segmentation, scene understanding, 3D/mesh model compression
- Fluent in C/C++ with at least 4 years of experience writing production level code
- Track record of shipping working code and solutions based on your ideas
- Team player, ability to perform in cross functional teams and to share knowledge to others
- Good communication skills in English
- The possibility to shape the future by pushing the boundaries of what's achievable with the current state of the art mixed reality technology
- Startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use in order for you to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary and reward plan to share the success
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Get in touch
Ready to join? Apply now.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate will be found. Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.