Program Lead, VR Core Software
At Varjo we create hardware and software to fulfil our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
Redefining computing by seamlessly merging virtual, mixed and traditional reality takes us on a path of working closely with a wide range of different 3D engines and with plenty of unsolved graphics engineering challenges.
As our program lead for the Virtual Reality SW, you will be accountable for driving and delivering continuously our core software to customers and partners. Your tasks will focus on understanding the big picture between release timings and customers needs, aligning day by day priorities, needed testing cadences and anything else that goes to successfully planning and shipping software. To succeed in your role you are comfortable in mapping out a roadmap for deliveries at the same time as you drive and clarify daily tasks and put out fires in the corridors with teams and individual developers. You know what it means to ship software from experience.
As a person you are able to create clarity for your colleagues and co-workers. That is your primary job.
Our developers, designers and HW engineers are world-class in what they do, and we want you to aim for the same level.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities in Finland is a possibility we can discuss and support. If you're based somewhere else, we will gladly help relocating to Finland and make your move to the capital of one of the world's happiest, cleanest and safest countries as smooth as possible.
- Accountable for planning, following and managing the life-cycle of our core VR SW releases.
- Unblocking developers and team members to focus on their work while you focus on the bigger picture and on the daily priorities.
- Communicating state of development and the upcoming priorities that have been aligned with other stakeholders.
- Building the right focus together with the lead software engineers, that takes the team towards successfully shipping what we promised.
- Being able to say no when needed so that we can ship on time and with high quality.
- Proven track record of working in a program or project management role that resulted in timely and high quality delivery of complex technology projects or games.
- Capable of anticipating key issues, unblocking challenges even before they arise and focusing the work of others.
- Technical background that enables you to be comfortable with complex software and graphics development.
- Background of working with VR, AR, 3D graphics is a plus but not mandatory.
- Experience of working and preferably leading iterative development. This can mean lean, Scrum, Kanban or any other flavour. The key thing is that you believe in iterative development and can lead it.
- Team player, ability to perform in cross functional teams and to share knowledge to others.
- Good communication skills in English.
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in virtual and mixed reality products and experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Get in touch
Ready to join? Apply now.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.