Senior Unity Engineer, Teleport VR
At Varjo we create services, software and hardware to fulfil our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality. You can learn more about our vision and what we are doing right now at https://varjo.com/blog/varjo-reality-cloud/
We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it. When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
We are looking for a seasoned Unity engineer to join the Varjo Teleport team. You bring to the table a solid experience working with Unity to create immersive experiences and a passion for VR (Virtual Reality). Your experience can be for example from game development or business to business experiences. As an engineer Unity is your go to tool for crafting and developing. C# is your language of choice.
In your role you take part in the whole lifecycle of the teleport application development. Initially working with product managers and designers to prototype solutions and then down the road develop them to shipping quality. You not only care about coding but also how we work and what kind of a team culture we build.
This is a full-time position located in either Finland or Norway. You can do all your work remotely if you so choose. We are also open to discuss freelancer set-ups for the role and employ you anywhere in Europe.
If you're based somewhere else now than Finland or Norway, we will also gladly help with moving to either country and make your move to either country known for awesome quality of life.
- Design, prototype and implement parts of the Varjo Teleport application with the rest of the team
- Take part in a solid engineering culture that not only writes code but focuses on how we do it and writes tests to prove things work.
- Contribute to maintaining our application and service offering
- Prototype ideas before taking them to development.
- Multiple years of experience in Unity development.
- Expertise in C# programming
- Good English communication skills
- Experience in VR development is a bonus but not a must
- Working background with any of the following technologies is of use but not required
- Deeper knowledge of 3D rendering and graphics
- Working with AWS services
- Specifics in VR topics like controller interaction and player movement
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in virtual and mixed reality products and experiences
- A start-up culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
Get in touch
Ready to join? Apply now.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply. Even if your profile is not a perfect match but you want to learn and grow, we would love to hear from you.