Get in the zone with the highest-performance XR/VR.
Keep trainees fully immersed and engaged with an unmatched level of realism. Varjo puts people in the right frame of mind the moment they enter the simulation environment, replicating the exact feeling and conditions of real life and providing the most natural and fully immersive training simulation ever experienced.
Varjo XR-3 and VR-3
Revolutionary benefits for training.
- Reduce the cost of training by up to 99%+ with low-cost, immersive learning environments to replace or supplement traditional training solutions
- Create compelling virtual environments and realistic scenarios to increase training velocity and enable more trainees to become proficient in less time
- Optimize user engagement with a solution where trainees want to engage in and repeat exercises
- Increase the value of existing part-task simulators through the provision of full field of view, immersive visuals using mixed reality technology
- Reduce travel time and costs while providing training at the point of need, thanks to portability and reduced simulator size
- Train effectively for the most dangerous scenarios in a completely safe immersive environment
The industry’s highest resolution virtual reality for unmatched realism in training.
Varjo headsets provide the highest resolution (over 70 ppd) ever experienced in a simulation and training environment. With its vastly expanded human-eye resolution Bionic Display, users can read displays, controls, text, symbols and distant objects in perfect clarity. When training with Varjo devices, you’ll see the critical details near and far.
DRAG TO COMPARE
These comparison shots are unmodified shot-through images of a competitor VR headset (on the left) and the Varjo VR-3 (on the right) using the PREPAR3D software. With Varjo VR-3, the dashboard of the F-35 cockpit can be seen clearly down to the smallest detail.
Broad compatibility with 3D software you already use.
Varjo’s mixed and virtual reality headsets are fully compatible with a rapidly expanding collection of the most widely used 3D platforms and software. We support Unity™, Unreal Engine™, OpenXR 1.0 (in early 2021) and hundreds of other industrial software, including Lockheed Martin Prepar3d™, VBS BlueIG™ and FlightSafety Vital™.
Unmatched features for synthetic, virtual or mixed reality training.
- True mixed reality with an integrated high-resolution, low-latency video pass-through video system
- Industry-leading human-eye resolution (over 70 ppd) Bionic Display with a 115-degree field of view allows users to see the smallest of details and detect objects at realistic visibility ranges
- Built-in 200 Hz eye tracking captures even the smallest eye movement for human performance assessment
- The widest-ever color gamut matches 99% with the sRGB color space for the most realistic scenes ever produced
- Depth awareness achieved through LiDAR and RGB cameras allows pixel-perfect blending of real and virtual elements with Varjo XR-3
- Inside-out tracking (beta) in Varjo XR-3 simplifies set-up and operation, as no external tracking solutions are required
Dynamic real-world occlusion for mixed reality.
Get ready for the most natural blending of real and virtual elements ever experienced in an immersive training environment. Varjo XR-3 video pass-through RGB cameras and LiDAR sensor enable accurate room, object, body and hand occlusion with real-world objects in real time.
Varjo XR-3 perfectly mixes real and virtual content with support for tactile feedback to deepen the immersion. Users can fully interact with a physical panel, HOTAS or crew member to replicate real training scenarios with incredible true-to-life accuracy.
Stay comfortably immersed for longer – without simulator sickness.
Varjo headsets are ergonomically designed to be lightweight with a 3-point precision fit head band for maximum comfort – perfectly fitting any head shape and size. Combined with ultra-wide, Non-Fresnel lenses, automatic interpupillary distance (IPD) adjustment, and active cooling, they enable a comfortable experience even for extended XR/VR sessions without any simulator sickness. Users can also use any preferred headphones with microphones.
Highest-level security and privacy.
Varjo devices can be deployed even in the highest-security training environments, as we support information assurance procedures and requirements.
There are no automatic or forced downloads, no personal data is collected, and we don’t transmit any data away from the devices. You also have the option to remove the RF transmitter used by the controllers when operating in a secure setting.
Industry leaders and pioneers choose Varjo for advanced virtual reality and mixed reality training.
“From AR to VR, the Varjo XR-3 offers a complete spectrum of mixed reality tools.”
Pete Morrison, CCO, Bohemia Interactive Simulations
“The same level of realism and interactions as if the astronauts were sitting in the physical simulators.”
Connie Miller, Product Specialist at Boeing
“Removing negative training when recreating conditions of the most mission critical scenarios.”
Chris Metel, Prepar3D Engineering Program Manager at Lockheed Martin
“Blending together the virtual and physical fidelity interfaces of our collective training applications to provide a revolutionary user experience.”
Thomas Kehr, Program Manager for Synthetic Training, Cole Engineering Services Inc.
The first true-to-life mixed reality
Varjo XR-3 supports human-eye resolution combined with the widest field of view of any XR headset. With Varjo XR-3, you can blend real and virtual elements seamlessly.
Varjo VR-3 sets a new standard for naturally immersive computing with the industry’s highest resolution display across the widest field of view for true-to-life visualization of training environments.