Software Partner Engineer
Fulfilling our vision of immersive computing relies on us creating products that deliver immersive visual fidelity and performance never seen before. Our partners need to be able to utilize all of this to the fullest and you will play a critical role in defining how it’s done.
At Varjo’s Software Partnership Team (SWP) we are focused on helping our software partners to succeed building great experiences on top of our hardware & APIs. You will be the primary technical contact for our key strategical partnerships and their go-to person during integrations. You are in close touch with our partners and are constantly taking input from them and feed that input to the R&D team in order to improve our products, SDK and APIs. As you grow in your role you will get to know our APIs inside-out and can pass on the knowledge to our partners. Experience in real-time graphics or game engine development ensures you're up to the task.
Our developers, designers and HW engineers are world-class in what they do, and we want you to aim for the same level. As an individual, you obviously need to want to solve nearly impossible problems and be a team player who wants to work with other world-class software developers, designers and hardware engineers.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities in Finland is a possibility we can discuss and support.
If you're based somewhere else at the moment, we will also gladly help with relocating to Finland and make your move to the capital of the world's happiest and cleanest country as easy as possible.
- Working proactively with Varjo’s key strategic engine partners - such as Unreal & Unity - helping them to integrate and use Varjo’s API
- Working closely with our key simulator companies. Take input & feedback and communicate this to our R&D.
- Run & evaluate partner software to ensure the software works with our high-end headsets in VR as well as XR, detect possible issues and improvements, and communicate these to the partner
- Profiling applications and looking for solutions to optimize their performance
- Assisting external developers to use our SDK & APIs, and help resolving any developer-related support-questions
- Interfacing with our customer support team, and developer support team
- Managing & distributing early alpha software to software partners in order to get feedback
- Technical Product Management of our APIs: Turning partnership requests into requirements for R&D.
- Giving feedback & input to other team members developing great demos of Varjo’s products
- Have fun while working on hard problems.
- Fluent with C/C++ with multiple years of development expertise
- Experience in working with at least one core real-time graphics API (DirectX/OpenGL/Vulkan)
- Team player, ability to perform in cross-functional teams and to share knowledge with others
- Good communication skills in English. Finnish language skill is not required.
- Background with one or more of the related core technologies: SDK's, 3D engines, Real-time Graphics, video processing, IPC, Process management in Windows or motion tracking technologies.
Nice to have
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in a relevant area (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics) is preferred.
- Experience working with complex game engines
- Knowledge of GPU offerings such as Nvidia VRWorks is a plus.
- Previous working experience with VR/AR is a plus
- Previous experience of working with virtual or augmented reality solutions is a plus.
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in virtual and mixed reality products and experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Get in touch
Ready to join? Apply now.
Include your CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile. Send us details of work you are especially proud of and what you did in those projects – wow us.
If you know people who are already working for Varjo, feel free to drop their names in your message.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.