Get to know the new VR software features in Varjo Base 3.4
Varjo is on a mission to transform the way professionals work, create, and experience reality. The latest 3.4 release of our software, Varjo Base, makes Varjo more accessible, with increased flexibility and support for even more creative experiences.
What’s new in Varjo Base 3.4?
We are proud to release the new, 3.4 version of Varjo Base – the companion software needed to run and manage Varjo headsets on your PC. Varjo Base 3.4 comes with full support for the new Varjo Aero, personal accounts sign-ups, and a new virtual background experience: Varjo Cabin.
- Our newest headset, the Varjo Aero, is now officially supported in Base 3.4
- Varjo personal accounts added to Varjo Account Portal, account type is now displayed in the dropdown menu
- Varjo Workspace and virtual monitor support are now available for
Varjo VR-3 and Aero
- New virtual background experience added – Cabin
- Option to enable or disable Varjo Workspace (XR-3, VR-3, Aero, and XR-1 Developer Edition)
- Simple rendering: Ability to turn off the focus display for Varjo XR-3 and VR-3, increasing overall performance
- OpenXR Vive Tracker support added
- Motion Platform Support in Varjo Base when plugin is installed
- OpenXR Vive Tracker support added
- Single adaptor support added (Varjo XR-3 and VR-3)
See the full release notes, or take a closer look at some of the new features below.
Making Varjo accessible for all
With the latest Varjo Base release, we’ve added support for the Varjo Aero headset, together with Varjo personal accounts, welcoming all to participate on the journey towards true-to-life virtual reality experiences.
A new virtual background in Varjo Workspace
Our latest virtual background is a soothing space for your virtual workflow. You are now able to choose your background scene and quickly jump between Real-world view, Grid view, and Cabin view.
You can change your virtual view via Varjo Workspace tab in the Varjo Base.
- Cabin view is released with the Varjo Base 3.4 update.
- Choose between Real-World view, Grid view, or the Cabin view.
Varjo Workspace for VR and virtual desktops
Varjo Workspace lets you use Windows applications while wearing the headset, bridging the gap between your familiar software tools and the virtual environment.
- Added support for Varjo VR-3 and Aero
- Assign keyboard / mouse –shortcut to quickly switch between XR applications and your Workspace
- Enable VR controllers to control your Workspace
Learn about the full power of Varjo Base and Workspace here!
Improve Application Performance with Simple Rendering
The Simple Rendering feature provides another way to improve application performance by disabling the focus area of the Bionic Display™. You are able to adjust the resolution of your headset manually as seen below.
Simple Rendering: Enabled
Activating Simple Rendering will decrease
pixels per degree (PPD) overall, and
optimize for performance.
Simple Rendering: Disabled
While keeping Simple Rendering turned off,
more is demanded from your workstation,
and you optimize for Image quality.
Improvements to existing features
In addition to our newest features in Varjo Base 3.4, we’ve also worked on existing VR software features and made improvements to the following:
- Improved settings for Resolution quality and optimized resolution values
- Varjo inside-out tracking (Beta):
– Improved robustness and accuracy
– Added notification for low-light conditions
- Varjo Markers:
– Improved robustness for static markers
– Minor fixes
- Updated Ultraleap runtime to 5.1.41
- Eye tracking:
– Improved error handling in eye tracking API
– Improved accuracy and precision (XR-3 and VR-3)
- Motion Prediction: Fixed quality issues related to occlusion masking
- Added safe use instructions to first-time user guide
Let us know what you think
We introduce new software features and improvements based on feedback from our customers, and we’d like to concentrate on the features that matter the most to our users. So, after giving the new Varjo Base a try, get in touch with us and tell us what you think. We warmly welcome all feedback and improvement suggestions.
See latest updates from Varjo
How KPF is Transforming Architectural Visualization with Varjo’s Virtual Reality
Sep 19, 2023