Project Lead, Computer Vision
At Varjo we create hardware and software to fulfil our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
A device with eyes and sensors is useless without the capability to understand the meaning of that data in a similar manner as we humans do. Creating that capability for our devices is where you come to the picture.
As our computer vision project lead, you will be accountable for driving our computer vision projects and technologies from start to end as we go through the life cycle of a long and complex technology development project. Your tasks will focus on understanding the big picture between data collection, engineering, testing efforts and our production line needs and driving the daily work priorities based on that. To succeed in your role, you have experience of leading and successfully shipping complex technology projects. As a person you are comfortable with both the abstract view of a plan but also the the reality of daily priorities to keep the machine moving to the right direction.
Our developers, designers and HW engineers are world-class in what they do, and we want you to aim for the same level.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities in Finland is a possibility we can discuss and support. If you're based somewhere else, we will gladly help relocating to Finland and make your move to the capital of one of the world's happiest, cleanest and safest countries as smooth as possible.
- Accountable for planning, following and managing the project life-cycle of selected computer vision projects.
- Unblocking developers and team members to focus on their work while you focus on the bigger picture and on the daily priorities.
- Communicating state of development and the upcoming priorities that have been aligned with other stakeholders.
- Taking accountability that data collection, test efforts and production line activities are successfully executed.
- Building the right focus together with the lead computer vision engineers, that takes the team towards successfully shipping what we promised.
- Proven track record of working in a program or project management role that resulted in timely and high quality delivery of complex technology projects or games.
- Capable of anticipating key issues, unblocking challenges even before they arise and focusing the work of others.
- Technical background that enables you to be comfortable with complex computer vision development that happens at the center of hardware, software and algorithmic solutions.
- Background of working with VR, AR, 3D graphics is a plus but not mandatory.
- Experience of working and preferably leading iterative development. This can mean lean, Scrum, Kanban or any other flavour. The key thing is that you believe in iterative development and can lead it.
- Team player, ability to perform in cross functional teams and to share knowledge to others.
- Good communication skills in English.
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in virtual and mixed reality products and experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Get in touch
Ready to join? Apply now.
Include your CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile. Send us details of work you are especially proud of and what you did in those projects – wow us.
If you know people who are already working at Varjo, feel free to mention their names in your message.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.