At Varjo we create hardware and software to fulfill our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
To do the best products we need the best people. Your skills and contacts are essential for us to find and attract key talent to Varjo from all around the world. As a recruiting manager, you will take people through the entire experience of interviewing for and potentially joining Varjo, ensuring they have a smooth and positive experience throughout their journey.
You will work closely within all the hiring teams and managers at Varjo, planning the recruiting strategy and execution that works best for within each role we are looking to fill.
You work and coach people on recruiting and interviewing, making sure we do our hiring in an unbiased, systematic manner. For many people you will be the initial face of Varjo, representing the values of the company. You are easily approachable and love to interact with people, learning their individual stories and helping them to realize why the next chapter in their story would be with Varjo.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland.
- Find the right people globally and bring them in to Varjo, taking them through the entire recruitment process
- Proactively work with hiring managers to plan and fill open positions so that they are filled in a timely manner
- Help hiring managers by screening applications, helping with interviews, identifying the best persons amongst the candidates, performing reference/background checks, and assessing for cultural fit
- Create visibility to our job posts, using all the tools of the trade that are available (referrals, online tools, events, databases etc.)
- Network actively, participating in events and conferences, meeting people and building relationships
- Get more people to apply for Varjo – tell the story of why people love to work here
- Work on Varjo recruitment strategy, recommending ideas and approaches and measuring their success rates
- Track and maintain recruiting metrics
- Maintain standards and consistency in our recruiting process, ensuring a smooth applicant process for our candidates
- Drive the adoption of use of our current recruiting system (Greenhouse) throughout the company
- 5+ years experience with recruiting and talent acquisition, ideally with a mix of agency and in-house recruitment
- Proven track record in creating and executing recruitment campaigns for a high-tech software organization, with a special focus on filling hard-to-find software positions
- Sufficient technical understanding as to be able to assess the overall skill level of a candidate
- Highly approachable, a natural networker
- Able to connect with people on an emotional level – understand what makes each person tick, what is important to them and what would it take to make them join Varjo.
- Previous experience and proven track record of being able to get people to relocate to Finland from around the world
- An existing network of contacts with candidates and other recruiters, sourcers and coordinators
- Previous experience of using applicant tracking systems (ATS), we are currently using Greenhouse
- Able to work and act independently, and to multitask by working with multiple roles to be filled at the same time.
- Superb and persistent communicator with fluent English language skills both written and verbal. Finnish speaking skills are useful but not mandatory. Additional language skills a plus.
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in mixed reality experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best - the coolest team in Finland
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Include your CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile.
If you know people who are already working for Varjo, feel free to namedrop names.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate will be found.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.