Technical Specialist, Helsinki
At Varjo we create hardware and software to fulfil our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
The role of Customer Operations is to ensure extreme customer satisfaction by delivering and supporting products to our professional customers with high quality, accuracy and service level.
We are now looking for a Technical Specialist to provide first level of technical support to our customers and executing mechanical tasks for the Varjo products based on guidance. This is very important role in the heart of our operations ensuring that customer expectations are met and exceeded. You will be located within our head office in Helsinki.
We are just scaling up the operations, so this role will be a great opportunity to be part of creating something new that hasn’t been done before. You get to work hands-on with our new products, the world’s first and only VR/MR devices with human-eye resolution, and help our customers across industries make the most of it. You might already have experience and are looking for a new, exciting direction, or you might be at the beginning of your career.
- Track, investigate and close technical customer queries by collecting information, working together with appropriate sources and identifying corrective actions.
- Prepare the readiness for internal demo kits so that they are available for testing, hardware system is working and including relevant software demos.
- Coordinate the availability and deliveries for internal loan units with Varjo customers and partners.
- Perform operative mechanical tasks for the Varjo products including trouble shooting, product disassembly, repair and assembly based on guidance.
- Participate and support sales in product demos and events where applicable.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, or similar, in a technical area.
- Experience as a Technical Support / Specialist, Technician, Customer Support or similar roles
- Some practical experience of hardware repair including installing, examining, testing and/or repairing hardware and peripheral components
- High interest and curiosity to work with latest technology products, specifically VR/MR areas.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a group to accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Good written and spoken English.
- The front seat to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in virtual and mixed reality products and experiences.
- A start-up culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work.
- International environment with opportunities to learn, work and grow with the best.
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively.
Get in touch
Are you the person we are looking for? Want to join our journey of redefining computing? Apply for the role.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.
More information from:
Marko Ylinen, Head of Supply Chain