At Varjo we create hardware and software experiences to fulfill our vision of immersive computing. The mixed reality experiences we are creating will empower each of us to be more creative and more productive.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
It all starts with a device capable of imaging its environment. What follows is processing the various sensor data into understanding of the environment, which is the point where you step in. But we are not done before the understanding is further transformed into a format that empowers applications, and shared across the world. You can learn more about our vision and what we are doing right now at https://varjo.com/blog/varjo-reality-cloud/
We at Varjo are looking for a Teleport Engineer to join the team and start doing your magic with computer vision and computer graphics. The wide variety of topics you will be working on range from RGB-D geometry reconstruction and multi-view image registration to meshing, texturing, and streaming.
You take pride in knowing that your GPGPU implementations do not waste a single cycle of the hardware while they churn through gigantic amounts of data and generate results without any latency. You thrive being involved in the entire lifetime of the tech you create, from brainstorming to research to development to shipping.
There are no footsteps to follow because what we are doing has never been done before, and you like it. You enjoy envisioning where the algorithms that you are coding will be used in the future, and you can design them in a way that they can be reused to solve the future problems that are lurking around the corner. The engineers and designers you will be working with are world class in their own domain, we want you to aspire for the same.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Even though our office is in Helsinki, you can do your work 100% remotely in Finland or any combination of time spent remote and at the office. What ever works best for you.
If you're based somewhere else at the moment, we will also gladly help with relocating to Finland and make your move to the capital of the world's happiest and cleanest country as easy as possible.
- Research, develop, implement and optimize algorithms and software solutions to solve complex computational vision and computer graphics problems
- Create code that is elegant and maintainable. It really ships to users.
- Take accountability for solutions that are modular and testable. Have pride for building unit and regression testing to prove that your code and solutions truly work.
- Work closely with hardware and other software engineering teams on tech selections and solutions.
- When necessary debug, optimize and aspire to make things pixel-perfect. Be willing to spend time in making things truly amazing, not just great.
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas: RGB-D 3D reconstruction, SLAM, multi-view stereo, photogrammetry, point clouds, voxels, meshing, texturing, 3D model compression, hierarchization and streaming
- Fluent in C/C++ with over 4 years of experience as primary CPU language
- You speak GPU. CUDA, OpenCL, compute shaders, or relevant GPGPU language
- Track record of shipping working code and solutions based on your contributions
- MSc or PhD degree in a relevant area (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics)
- Team player, ability to perform in cross functional teams and to share knowledge to others
- Good communication skills in English
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in mixed reality experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary and reward plan to share the success
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Get in touch
Ready to join? Apply now.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate will be found. Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.