Unreal Engine Relations Engineer
At Varjo we create hardware and software to fulfill our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
Fulfilling our vision of immersive computing relies on us creating products that deliver immersive visual fidelity and performance never seen before. Our partners need to be able to utilize all of this to the fullest and you will play a critical role in defining how it’s done.
You will be joining our team focusing on helping our partners to succeed using our APIs. You will make sure our external developers have all the tools and assets they need to integrate Varjo in their software products. You are constantly improving our tool chain and SDKs and using our latest features by creating showcase and example assets to make sure you know them inside-out and can pass on the knowledge to our partners. Experience in real-time graphics or game engine development ensures you're up to the task.
Our developers, designers and HW engineers are world-class in what they do, and we want you to aim for the same level. As an individual, you obviously need to want to solve nearly impossible problems and be a team player who wants to work with other world-class software developers, designers and hardware engineers.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities in Finland is a possibility we can discuss and support. We are also open to discuss fully remote working.
If you're based somewhere else at the moment, we will also gladly help with relocating to Finland and make your move to the capital of the world's happiest and cleanest country as easy as possible.
- Building and creating tools for our external and internal developers
- Working with engine partners, helping them to integrate and use Varjo API
- Creating example and showcase assets using our native SDK utilizing our latest hardware and software features
- Assisting external developers to use our SDK & APIs
- Profiling applications and looking for solutions to optimize their performance
- When necessary, debug, optimize and aspire to make things pixel-perfect. Be willing to spend time in making things truly amazing, not just great.
- Have fun while working on hard problems.
- Fluent with C/C++ with multiple years of development expertise
- Experience in working with at least one core real-time graphics API (DirectX/OpenGL/Vulkan)
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- Knack to find creative and innovative solutions and the persistence to polish them to perfection.
- Team player, ability to perform in cross-functional teams and to share knowledge with others
- Our company language is English - thus good communication skills in English are required. Don't need to know a word of Finnish though.
- Process management in Windows or motion tracking technologies.
Nice to have
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in a relevant area (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics) is preferred.
- Experience working with complex game engines
- Knowledge of GPU offerings such as Nvidia VRWorks is a plus.
- Previous experience of working with virtual or augmented reality solutions is a plus.
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in virtual and mixed reality products and experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Get in touch
Ready to join? Apply now.
Include your CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile. Send us details of work you are especially proud of and what you did in those projects – wow us.
If you know people who are already working for Varjo, feel free to drop their names in your message.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply. Even if your profile is not a perfect match but you want to learn and grow, we would love to hear from you.