Sales Solution Engineer, EMEA & APAC
At Varjo we create hardware and software to fulfil our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality. We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
The key mission for the Sales Solution Engineer, EMEA & APAC, is to bring technical expertise to the EMEA & APAC sales team to support our customers with solution development and deployment. The Sales Solution Engineer will bring their extensive expertise in the most popular 3D engines such as Unity or Unreal Engine and sector specific VR/XR tools, combining that with their knowledge of Varjo solutions so that the customer gets the best end result. This enables Varjo to support our customers as we grow from successful initial proof of concepts through to large scale enterprise deployments.
Positioned within the EMEA & APAC Sales team, but working in regular close contact with R&D and Customer Support teams, the Sales Solution Engineer is ideally placed to drive the productive flow of information and feedback in all directions. They are comfortable in both customer-facing and detailed internal engineering conversations and can operate on their own or as part of a combined sales tag-team working with strategic customer accounts.
As a Varjo team-member, you will be part of a growth company culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity to take charge of your work. Varjo culture values willingness to learn, work and grow with the best colleagues in an international business environment. High ambition, passion, caring for each other, trust and respect are key characteristics of how Varjo people work and win business in the global markets. The Sales Solution Engineer will boost the Varjo culture with his/her own behavior, decisions and actions.
The key responsibilities of the Sales Solution Engineer can be summarized as follows:
- Serves as the technical bridge between the EMEA & APAC sales team and customers / strategic partners, as well as being the bridge between customers and the Varjo customer support team on challenging support cases.
- Supports sales and business development with technical depth in finding solutions for customer needs and requirements.
- Joins sales team members on calls, helps answer questions and supports deep discovery.
- Helps customers to directly go from a concept of XR usage into detailed level understanding of how their needs can be solved. Helps the customer to scope the technical requirements required to create a successful solution; including software integration, game engines and hardware compatibility.
- Works with customers & partners on Varjo hardware / software integrations to develop effective proof of concepts.
- For strategic customers/partners, consults and helps provide guidance around wider application and program deployments.
- Proactively addresses more complex support tickets to ensure customer satisfaction and create favourable conditions to further grow the Varjo business.
- Understands strategic customer needs and synthesizes into actionable and solvable requirements for Varjo’s R&D roadmap.
- Internal knowledge resource for questions from sales team and reseller network.
- Helps manage and build strong relationships with the technical teams from our Software partners, System Integrators & VAR’s.
The key KPIs for the role are seen to be in the following areas:
- New customer orders
- Growth in existing accounts
- Increase in large scale deployments
- Successful migration from VR to XR usage
- Number of key customers where future VR/XR requirements and Varjo roadmap are aligned
- Successful resolution of Support cases
- Software development background with multiple years of experience working with either major 3D engines (Unity / Unreal Engine) or development of other 3D engines.
- Genuine motivation and passion for VR and XR, with a desire to make Varjo successful.
- Experience working in customer facing roles. Could be in technical business development, technical sales or customer support.
- Commercially driven, with a systematic and inspirational approach to closing deals and sales.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, high integrity and a can-do mindset.
- Outstanding team player who is motivated in helping the team to reach their goals.
- Excellent presenter with native-level business English language skills. Other language skills e.g. French, German, Spanish, Italian a bonus
- Interest and experience in working with international customers and teams
- MBA/MSc level educational degree.
- Opportunity to take part in creating the new state of art in virtual reality and mixed reality experiences.
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively.
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country.
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits.
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki.
Get in touch
Are you the person we are looking for? Want to join our journey of redefining computing? Apply now.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.