Sales Development Representative
At Varjo we create hardware and software to fulfil our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality. We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
We’re looking for a passionate Sales Development Representative to join us in this mission & help grow our largest potential market: North America. This is not your typical boring entry-level sales job. The Sales Development Representative role at Varjo is your gateway to a long and lucrative career in professional sales. You’ll be helping organizations adopt the world’s most cutting-edge technology and partner with them as they change the way their companies do business. This position will play a critical role by helping to acquire and qualify new business by acting as a liaison between our Marketing & Sales teams; helping to curate, contact & qualify inbound leads, as well as to proactively seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers who are not familiar with our company. The company is in high-growth mode right now, so the pace is fast & exciting, and we’re looking for people that can match that speed. This person needs to be analytical, enjoys solving problems and has an entrepreneurial spirit. It’s not for everyone, but after reading the description below you feel like you’re a fit & up for the challenge, then we’d like to have a conversation.
- Systematically qualify inbound leads at the initial stages in the sales funnel
- Research & identify new outbound business opportunities by prospecting and researching the right contacts at targeted companies
- Outreach to attendees of tradeshows/conferences both before and after the events
- Contact potential clients through phone, email & other methods
- Generate interest & awareness around Varjo products and solutions by effectively communicating the value proposition and handling objections
- Schedule high value in-person & phone meetings for Account Executives with prospective customers
- Collaborate with marketing & sales teams to improve the efficiency of the lead management process
- Take ownership of & improve upper-funnel activities & processes, including CRM data management
- Some travel to sales and marketing events
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 1+ year of business development or sales experience preferred
- Industry knowledge specific to the VR/XR space or selling into a specific key vertical (Aerospace, Energy, Medical, etc) preferred. Passion to learn these areas is required.
- Strong technical background
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, verbal & written communication skills
- Experience working in a CRM and marketing automation tools
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Desire to be coached and receive feedback
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in virtual and mixed reality products and experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- 20 days of holidays plus Bank Holidays.
Get in touch
Are you the person we are looking for? Want to join our journey of redefining computing? Apply now.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.