Senior Production Expert
At Varjo we create hardware and software to fulfill our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
Our development programs combine our engineering and supply chain experts into an accountable high performing team, working with the best partners in the world.
Your key role is to define, design and implement production systems, together with multi-functional stakeholders. Your role covers production processes ranging from board assembly to final product assembly, as well as design and building of new production lines. You enjoy working with international teams, initiate and drive actions, at the same time having attention to details.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities in Finland is a possibility we can discuss and support.
- Execute product DFM, define production requirements
- Plan, design and implement the production line concept and details together with the selected production partner(s)
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, drive to create the best possible solution for production
- Drive the partner solutions to provide production line solutions
- Assess vendor and partner operations, identifying problematic areas and actions for improvements
- Track relevant KPIs and reports for maturing production maturity and performance
- Provide needed production results analysis for decision making
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- 10+ years’ experience in creating and implementing production systems
- Familiarity with production principles (incl. DFM), systems, processes and capacity planning in electronic device manufacturing. Experience in optics manufacturing is a plus.
- Good overall understand of electronic device production processes
- Working (usage) knowledge of mechanical/electronics design CAD
- Exceptional cross-functional and supplier/partner collaboration skills
- Takes initiatives, drives for results
- Attention to details, attitude for problem solving and troubleshooting
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Fluent English and readiness for traveling
- A start-up culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Get in touch
Ready to join? Apply now.
Include your CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile. Send us details of work you are especially proud of and what you did in those projects – wow us.
If you know people who are already working at Varjo, feel free to mention their names in your message.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.