System Test Engineer
At Varjo we create hardware and software to fulfil our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
At Varjo we believe in building autonomous teams that have a clear goal they work to deliver on. As a system test engineer, you would be joining one of our hardware programs that is working on a computer of the future. A key part of delivering a product our customers love, is building quality throughout the lifecycle of the engineering effort.
As a system test engineer you're role will be to ensure we have detailed plans on how we test the whole system and execute those tests together with the rest of the team. You will work on testing areas such as thermal behaviour, USB compatibility and performance and consistency of various sensor solutions.
To succeed in this role you have a technical background working with electronics or similar and are either familiar with required tools and methods or capable of learning what is required. As an individual you have a touch for detail and not only the persistence to test but also document and analyse what the results mean.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities in Finland is a possibility we can discuss and support.
- Define detailed test procedures and perform the required test procedures.
- Document detailed results and analyse together with the rest of the team what they mean for our product quality and engineering effort.
- Build and contribute to the methods and processes of system testing our products.
- Drive the solutions to provide visibility and traceability to system test results
- Multiple years’ experience in creating and implementing testing in HW system verification
- Familiarity with some of the following electronics and embedded system technologies
- Connectivity (0 and 3.0, DisplayPort, I2C, SPI, MIPI interfaces etc.)
- Sensors (optical, inertial etc.)
- Radio protocol (Bluetooth, WLAN etc.)
- Experience in test tools (TestStand, Labview), test equipment (multimeters, oscilloscopes, signal analyzers, interface testers etc.), processes, SW scripting (python etc.) and SW build systems, test setups and test automation
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Fluent English and readiness for traveling
- A start-up culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Get in touch
Ready to join? Apply now.
Include your CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile. Send us details of work you are especially proud of and what you did in those projects – wow us.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.