Understanding data is a critical part of creating the future of VR technology. As a data scientist at Varjo, you will be responsible for defining and executing complex data investigation projects. You will also work with research scientists to investigate issues and manage data infrastructure, identifying issues based on existing data, proposing new data collection schemes, and driving insight to construct predictive models and algorithms to deliver even better products.
Primary tasks include:
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing the company's tools and workflows for data analysis, data management and collecting new data
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Effectively communicate insights and recommendations to support decision making
- Master’s degree in computer science (or similar major) or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience with applied statistics or data analysis, analyzing, processing and manipulating large datasets
- Experience in programming for data science applications in R, Python, Julia, etc.
- Experience with applying modern machine learning techniques
- 6+ years professional experience or PhD in computer science (or similar major)
- Relevant publications in world class academic conferences and/or journals
- Experience coding with C++