Senior Sensor Fusion Engineer
At Varjo we create both hardware and software that will define the future of immersive computing. The mixed reality experiences we are creating will empower each of us to be more creative and more productive.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us! We offer an exciting position where you, together with our top notch scientists and engineers, will define what the future is going to be like.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like they do right now.
A device with 'eyes' and other sensors is virtually useless without the capability of understanding the surrounding environment in a similar fashion as we humans do. Creating this capability is where you come into the picture.
We at Varjo are looking for a senior sensor fusion engineer to join our Computer Vision Team working on simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM) algorithms. The algorithms you develop, working as a part of an experienced team, will fuse signals from different sources into accurate pose estimates used for generating virtual-, augmented- and mixed reality experiences (VR/AR/MR).
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities in Finland is also a possibility that we can discuss and support. If you are currently based somewhere else, we will also gladly help you relocating to Finland: we will make your move to the capital of the world's happiest and cleanest country as easy as possible.
- Develop sensor fusion, tracking and related tools and algorithms
- Data-driven R&D: obtain data, challenge and improve algorithms iteratively
- Push solutions to production quality level for a wide variety of sensor environments
Fluent in C++ with several years of experience writing production level code
Strong demonstrated skills in relevant mathematics (e.g. MSc/PhD degree in computer science, physics, math, statistics or equivalent field)
Experience on working with real sensor data (e.g. from cameras, radars, lidars, sonars, IMUs, odometers, etc.)
Experience developing sensor fusion algorithms using Bayesian methods (Kalman filters, particle filters, etc.) or equivalent
Track record of shipping working code and solutions based on your ideas
Team player, ability to perform in cross functional teams, and sharing knowledge and ideas with others
Good communication skills in English
We also appreciate prior experience on
DSP, machine learning, computer vision, data science, or SLAM
Visualizing results using, for example, Python, Matlab/Octave or R
Different build systems, such as CMake, Ninja etc.
- The possibility to shape the future by pushing the boundaries of what's achievable with the current state of the art mixed reality technology
- Startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to be in charge of your work
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use in order for you to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary and reward plan to share the success
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Are you the person we are looking for? Want to join our journey of redefining computing? Ready to join? Apply now.
This position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.