3D Visual Algorithm Engineer
At Varjo we create hardware and software to fulfil our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
We are looking for someone who would enjoy spending their days creating and improving on complex 3D visual algorithms that make each pixel appear as they should on Varjo products, helping us redefine reality.
Our developers, designers, and HW engineers are world-class in what they do, and we want you to aim for the same level.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities in Finland is a possibility we can discuss and support. If you're based somewhere else at the moment, we will also gladly help with relocating to Finland and make your move to the capital of the world's happiest and cleanest country as easy as possible.
- Algorithm development for colour aberration handling, foveated rendering, and distortion correction for our products are some things you could do with us.
- Development of 3D rendering algorithms for typical or new and unique Virtual Reality engineering challenges.
- Be responsible for unit testing, regression testing and robustness of own code.
- Fluent in C/C++ with multiple years of development experience as primary development language.
- Proven skills of shipping graphics/rendering pipeline code in either graphics heavy R&D such as game engine development or consumer electronics products.
- You have strong 3D math and graphics skills, and you like tinkering with both.
The ideal candidate will also have
- Experience with DirectX/OpenGL/Vulkan.
- Experience with working on VR and/or AR.
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in virtual and mixed reality products and experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Get in touch
Are you the person we are looking for? Want to join a journey of redefining computing? Ready to join? Apply now.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.