Build and Integration Engineer
At Varjo we create hardware and software to fulfil our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
Redefining how we experience computers in the future is quite a journey in software creation. At the core of that path is continuous integration and a scalable build infrastructure that supports our iterative development approach. Our world-class developers, HW innovators and designers are not able to do their magic if we don’t do magic also in how software is built.
Your job will be to to work on our build and integration infrastructure that serves the rest of our development team. Days will be full of thinking how we scale to support a larger team, and making the iteration loop of automation and integration as great as possible for our devs and QA. As an individual you are passionate in making the life of developers as easy as possible and want to continuously improve the process of integration and building. You have a systematic approach to the work and like our code-line improves iteratively, you approach the infrastructure with the right lean philosophy. Our developers are a collection of world-class talent, we want you to aim for the same level.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities In Finland is a possibility we can discuss, and we will gladly help with relocating to Finland if you are currently based somewhere else.
- Plan and get your hands dirty building our code integration and build infrastructure.
- Work closely with the rest of the software team to debug and optimize the process, fix build failures and just normal crunching which is a part of shipping SW.
- Drive a culture of quality software creation and data centric thinking where continuous integration and testing is an activity that eases the everyday life of our development teams and creates a rhythm where we always have something that work.
- Have an approach to serving developers while you also coach them to work in more efficient ways.
- Experience of building integration and release pipelines with relevant tools such as Jenkins and Gerrit that has scaled to R&D's of over 50 engineers working in the same code-line.
- Development & scripting skills at minimum in python/shell with multiple years of active usage.
- Proven skills in Windows/Linux admin tasks.
- Knowledge of any of the following is a plus: AWS, Active Directory or any other directory service like LDAP.
- Good communication skills in English
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in virtual and mixed reality products and experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Get in touch
Ready to join? Apply now.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found. Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.