Senior Computer Vision Developer, Eye Tracking
At Varjo we create hardware and software experiences to fulfil our vision of immersive computing. The mixed reality experiences we are creating will empower each of us to be more creative and more productive.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
Redefining computing with seamlessly merging virtual, mixed and traditional reality takes us on a path of defining and creating completely new ways of interacting with your environment. Eye tracking is one of those fundamental technologies that will enable immersive computing to become a part of our everyday life.
We at Varjo are looking for a Computer Vision developer to join our Eye tracking team and start doing your magic with computer vision and how users interact with the world. You will be working together with the rest of the eye tracking team to create the world's most accurate and robust eye tracker using a mixture of computer vision approaches and just plain awesome coding skills. The team you are joining is accountable for for the full stack of eye tracking, starting from the fundamental algorithms to the API we expose to our customers and partners. Your role will focus on the algorithmic side but you will also get to work across the stack.
To be the right person for this role you not only enjoy researching solutions to complex problems but also actually getting those into the hands of real users with great performance and robustness.
Our developers, designers and HW engineers are world-class in what they do, and we want you to aim for the same level.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities In Finland is a possibility we can discuss, and we will gladly help with relocating to Finland if you are currently based somewhere else.
- Research, develop, implement and optimize algorithms and software solutions to solve computer vision problem in the domain of eye tracking
- Create code that is elegant and maintainable. It really ships to users
- Take accountability for solutions that are modular and testable. Have pride for building unit and regression testing to prove that your code and solutions truly work.
- Work closely with hardware and other software engineering teams on tech selections and solutions.
- When necessary debug, optimize and aspire to make things pixel-perfect. Be willing to spend time in making things truly amazing, not just great.
- Hands-on experience solving computer vision problems, examples of experience could be feature tracking (eye, pose, gesture object), image segmentation, scene understanding and the likes.
- Fluent in C/C++ with at least experience of 4 or more years as primarily language.
- Track record of shipping working code and solutions based on your contributions
- Team player, ability to perform in cross functional teams and to share knowledge to others
- Good communication skills in English
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in mixed reality experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary and reward plan to share the success
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Get in touch
Ready to join? Apply now.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate will be found. Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.