System Software Developer, MR Team
At Varjo we create hardware and software to fulfil our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
Redefining computing with seamlessly merging virtual, mixed and traditional reality takes us on a path of defining and dreaming completely new ways of seeing and creating in 3D.
You will be joining our engineering team focused on creating Varjo's Mixed Reality software stack. You're daily job will be to work at the intersection of different vision technologies and 3D engines. You will work with tasks related to video processing, designing and creating interfaces for our SDKs, handling motion or visual tracking data and working on integration to various 3D engines. To succeed in this role you have past experience or deep passion for one or more of the following technology areas: real-time image or video processing, GPU computing, and 3D graphics.
Our developers, designers, and HW engineers are world-class in what they do, and we want you to aim for the same level. As an individual, you obviously need to want to solve nearly impossible problems and be a team player who wants to work with other world-class software developers, designers, and HW engineers.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities in Finland is a possibility we can discuss and support. We will gladly help with relocating to Finland and make your move to the capital of the world's happiest, cleanest and one of the safest countries as easy as possible.
- Define, develop, and ship core components of our Mixed Reality stack. Ensure that our codebase is robust, modular and performant.
- Take accountability for solutions that are modular and testable. Have pride for building unit and regression testing to prove that your code and solutions truly work.
- When necessary, debug, optimize and aspire to make things pixel-perfect. Be willing to spend time in making things truly amazing, not just great.
- Have fun while working on hard problems.
- Fluent in C/C++ and proven history of writing awesome code which is modular, testable, maintainable and well documented. 5+ years of experience as primary development language.
- Background with one or more of the related core technologies: real-time image processing, video processing pipeline, GPU computation, and AR concepts such as feature detection or tracking.
- Worked in projects that have more than 10 developers working on it and successfully shipped. Experience of shipping is fundamental.
- Good communication skills in English.
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in virtual and mixed reality products and experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Get in touch
Are you the person we are looking for? Want to join a journey of redefining computing? Ready to join? Apply now.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.