Computational Vision Lead Engineer
At Varjo we create hardware and software experiences to fulfill our vision of immersive computing. The mixed reality experiences we are creating will empower each of us to be more creative and more productive.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
A device with eyes and sensors is useless without the knowledge of how to process the data it captures.
You will be responsible for researching and developing complex image processing and computational vision algorithms that will make it possible for our users to use our devices naturally and effectively. The challenges and application possibilities relating to SLAM, dense mapping pose tracking and image processing fascinate you. You want to create elegant mathematical solutions that blend the lines between what is real and what is virtual.
You are a creative and innovative problem solver and team player who thrives in a dynamic startup environment.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities In Finland is a possibility we can discuss, and we will gladly help with relocating to Finland if you are currently based somewhere else.
- Research, develop, implement and optimize algorithms and software solutions to solve complex computational vision challenges
- Take responsibility during all stages of the project, from target definitions to implementation and productization
- Influence hardware selections and systems specifications to drive forward optimal solutions
- Define metrics for system and algorithm performance
- Design relevant API’s and interfaces to other software components
- Optimize existing solutions to gain the best possible performance
- MSc or Ph.D. degree in a relevant area (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics) or equivalent expertise
- Multiple years of hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas: SLAM, dense mapping, 3D scene reconstruction, feature (eye, pose, gesture, object) tracking, image segmentation, scene understanding, 3D/mesh model compression
- Experience in dealing with multi-sensor, multi-modal, multi-camera systems
- Fluent in C/C++ with minimum of 6 years of experience as primary development language
- Track record of shipping working code and solutions based on your contributions
- Team player, ability to perform in cross functional teams and to share knowledge to others
- Good communication skills in English
The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in mixed reality experiences
A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki