Senior Unity Engine & SDK Developer
At Varjo we create hardware and software to fulfil our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
Redefining computing by seamlessly merging virtual, mixed and traditional reality takes us on a path of working closely with a wide range of different 3D engines and with plenty of unsolved graphics engineering challenges.
You will be working as a part of our core engineering team focused on making our immersive computing platform work seamlessly with the Unity3D engine and tools. In this role you will focus on making Unity3D great for developers working with Varjo. You're days will be spent with tasks such as optimising our performance with Unity, exposing Varjo's unique capabilities to Unity developers or tailoring the Unity editor for use with Varjo. The work will impact how the future of immersive computing is created with Unity3D. To be the right person for this role, you must have expertise working with the Unity engine itself and a passion for crafting the fundamentals for graphics-intensive experiences.
Our developers, designers and HW engineers are world-class in what they do, and we want you to aim for the same level.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities In Finland is a possibility we can discuss and support, and we will gladly help with relocating to Finland if you are currently based elsewhere.
- Define, develop and ship our Varjo integration to the Unity Engine. Requires you to be comfortable with the different angles and capabilities of the engine itself.
- Design and implement the right interfaces for other Unity developers to build easily and robustly for our HMD and MR capabilities.
- Work closely with Unity engineering teams to design and implement behaviours needed by our immersive computing platform.
- Take accountability for solutions that are modular and testable. Have pride for building unit and regression testing to prove that your code and solutions truly work.
- Debug, optimise and aspire to make things pixel perfect. Be willing to spend time on making things truly amazing, not just great.
- Fluent in C/C++/C# and proven history of writing awesome code which is modular, testable, maintainable and well documented.
- Deep expertise of creating products using Unity, integration to the engine and even the internals of the Unity engine itself.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in a relevant area (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics) is preferred.
- Previous working experience with VR/AR is a plus but not a must.
- Good communication skills in English.
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in virtual and mixed reality products and experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Get in touch
Are you the person we are looking for? Want to join a journey of redefining computing? Ready to join? Apply now.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.