Senior Windows Driver Developer
At Varjo we create hardware and software to fulfil our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
One of the foundations of immersive computing is the data channel between our HMDs, different peripherals and a Windows PC. That foundation must have extremely low latency and be robust for failure and easy to use for the rest of our software stack.
Your role as our Senior Windows Driver Developer will be to create that foundational data channel. You will be responsible for designing, writing and shipping our Windows-side drivers that support USB and PCIe among other technologies. Your focus will be on creating Windows drivers that are robust and have extremely low latency. Connecting things with custom drivers to Windows is something you have done multiple times to solve engineering challenges that default drivers simply cannot solve.
Our developers, designers and HW engineers are world-class in what they do, and we want you to aim for the same level.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities in Finland is a possibility we can discuss and support. We of course support relocation from outside of Finland to make your move to the happiest country in the world as smooth as possible.
- Design, develop and ship all of our custom Windows drivers that are necessary to achieve our latency and robustness goals.
- Take accountability for solutions that are modular and testable. Have pride for building unit and regression testing to prove that your code and solutions truly work.
- Be our low-level Windows driver expert as we design current and future products.
- Work closely with computer vision engineers, graphics developers, HW engineers and our embedded SW engineers to create the necessary driver capabilities and to make the right design decisions for both SW and HW.
- Understand and apply good development practices for successful driver development.
- Fluent in C/C++ and proven history of writing driver code which is modular, testable, maintainable and well documented. 6+ years of experience in the Windows driver domain.
- Track record of shipping a Windows driver that has been built for mass produced devices and successfully worked for years in the field.
- Deep knowledge of standard connectivity, cable and communication protocols such as USB and PCI-e.
- History of working with low-level device documentation and translating that information to accurate and robust software solutions.
- Knack to find reliable solutions and the persistence to polish drivers to the level of production quality.
- Capable of working closely with other engineering disciplines across hardware and software. We believe in setting teams for success with cross-functional efforts.
- Good communication skills in English.
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in virtual and mixed reality products and experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Get in touch
Are you the person we are looking for? Want to join our journey of redefining computing? Ready to join? Apply now.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found. Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.