Senior Test Automation and Tooling Engineer
At Varjo we create hardware and software to fulfil our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
Redefining how we think about and experience computers in the future is a journey in software creation. At the heart of that journey is testing and integration of our software to support our iterative development approach. Our world-class developers, HW innovators and designers are not able to do their magic if we don’t do magic also in testing our software every day.
At Varjo we approach testing and continuous integration with a mix of automation, telemetry, manual and user based testing, where automation is one of the core pillars. Your job will be to develop our automation and integration asset which gives us continuous feedback about the maturity of our software stack. You must be passionate about building software with modern approaches and using automation and integration pipelines as a part of that process. We expect you to sit down and write test automation, spend time debating right tooling and then set it up. You will work closely with software teams across 3D graphics and computer vision and help them iterate how test automation is best used in their day to day job. Our developers are a collection of world-class talent, and we want you to aim for the same level.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities in Finland is a possibility we can discuss and support. We are also open to discuss fully remote working set-ups.
If you're based somewhere else at the moment, we will also gladly help with relocating to Finland and make your move to the capital of the world's happiest and cleanest country as easy as possible.
- Design and develop our Varjo test automation and CI pipeline which is a core part of our software development approach. Work with industry standard tools like Jenkins, Gerrit, Robot Framework.
- Work on test automation as you you get your hands dirty writing regression test sets and API validation automation for our mixed reality asset.
- Work closely with our different graphics, computer vision, SDK and product engineering teams to define, support and execute the right automation activities. We strongly believe in setting teams for success with cross-functional efforts.
- Drive a culture of quality software creation and data-centric thinking where continuous integration and testing is an activity that eases the everyday life of our development teams and creates a rhythm where we always have something that works.
- Create new and scalable ways of testing the computers of the future.
- Hands-on experience with test automation frameworks (for example robot framework) and writing test automation with python.
- Proficiency in Python, 4+ years of experience.
- Multiple years of experience with Jenkins pipelines and git.
- Track record of shipping products and being a key individual in the integration and test effort.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Previous experience with any of the following is a plus
- 3D engines such as Unreal and Unity
- Practical experience of Robot Framework
- Container & cloud technologies (Docker, AWS, ...)
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in virtual and mixed reality products and experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Get in touch
Are you the person we are looking for? Want to join our journey of redefining computing? Ready to join? Apply now.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.