Senior Product Manager, XR headsets
Varjo is a Finnish mixed and virtual reality technology company. We are known for mixed reality that looks and feels just as real as the real world. Founded in 2016, Varjo is doing business in more than 40 countries worldwide, with offices in Helsinki, Oslo, and Washington D.C. And the immersive computing revolution has only just begun.
Our in-house R&D team designs and develops hardware, software, and services that are now a symbol of the highest quality across the industry. Varjo’s VR and XR solutions are already being used to train astronauts, design vehicles, and many more professional use cases across the world’s leading companies. Recently, we’ve also been setting new standards for prosumers looking for true-to-life virtual simulations. Next, we are about to bring to life our vision for future computing. The programmable world that once existed only behind our screens will merge with our physical surroundings, and it will forever change the choreography of our everyday life.
Our multicultural team consists of talents from all around the world, and our daily working language is English. We believe in the power of diversity – where different experiences, backgrounds, and ideas drive innovation and results.
Redefining computing relies on us creating hardware and software that seamlessly merge virtual reality and the real world. To create this illusion, we are designing and developing completely new ways of using cameras, complex imaging pipelines and computer vision algorithms.
We are now looking for a Senior Product Manager for XR headsets' business to set the direction on some of our most important tracks in the development of our Virtual and Mixed Reality headsets. You will be joining the remove team and your base would be in Helsinki, where our HQ is located.
This role is in a highly technical space, and you will be working with some of the industry’s leading experts in Engineering. We expect you to show aptitude for bridging the gap between customers and deep technology, but not necessarily have a background in VR/XR technologies. You will be responsible for working with customers and partners to validate their needs and translate these into roadmaps for your engineering and design teams. For example, you might be trying to understand how customers are using our eye-tracking technology, investigating the external technology landscape, and then using this information to make short-run trade-offs around feature prioritization, whilst also informing a long-run roadmap for your area. You will help our Engineering teams to surface the customer and business implications of the technical options we have and lead the product discussion on your areas with senior management, engineering leads and other internal stakeholders.
You will be doing
- You will be working with 1-3 engineering teams which are divided by features. With them you will define, build the product management program and processes.
- Define the long run roadmap and feature backlog for engineering teams
- Interact with customers and sales to understand product requirements.
- Make priority trade-offs taking into account business and technical imperatives.
- Communicate the plans and vision for your area across the entire organisation.
- We are a young company, and therefore not all processes or best practices are in place; in this role you will be able to bring your ideas to live and drive the improvements.
- 5+ years of product management experience. Particularly, you should have a track record of working with engineering teams on a technically demanding cutting-edge products.
- Experience with hardware or embedded software product development.
- Experience working directly with end business customers to understand requirements.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English. You can get into the details of technical topics, but we would expect you to provide clear written and oral synthesis which should be easily understood by anyone in the organisation.
- Willingness to be hands on across the full lifecycle of product development, from research to specifications, to commercial launch.
- B2B product experience is preferred.
- Willingness to travel several times a year to customers within Europe and US.
By joining us, you’ll get
- Opportunity to take part in creating the new state-of-the-art in virtual and mixed reality experiences.
- A low-hierarchy culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work.
- Flexible working conditions, competitive salary, and great benefits.
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively.
- An international working environment with tons of opportunities to learn and grow with the company.
Ready to jump into the exciting world of VR/XR? Apply now. Please include your CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile.
Even if your profile is not a perfect match but you want to learn and grow, we’d love to hear from you.
This position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.