(Senior/Lead) Program Manager
(Senior/Lead) Program Manager
Varjo is a Finnish metaverse technology company. We are known for mixed reality that looks and feels just as real as the real world. Founded in 2016, Varjo is doing business in more than 40 countries worldwide, with offices in Helsinki, Oslo, and Washington D.C. And the resolution revolution has only just begun.
Our in-house R&D team designs and develops hardware, software, and services that are now a symbol of the highest quality across the industry. Varjo’s VR and XR solutions are already being used to train astronauts, design vehicles, and many more professional use cases across the world’s leading companies. Since recently, we’ve also been setting new standards for prosumers looking for true-to-life virtual simulations. Next, we are about to bring to life our vision for the metaverse of the future. The programmable world that once existed only behind our screens will merge with our physical surroundings, and it will forever change the choreography of our everyday life.
Our multicultural team consists of talents from all around the world, and our daily working language is English. We believe in the power of diversity – where different experiences, backgrounds, and ideas drive innovation and results.
Varjo is now looking for a Program Manager for our XR HW development. You will be leading the product execution effort of our future XR HMD’s and various accessories that are required for a great experience. As the program manager, you have a critical role in keeping a large and complex product program under control. Your days will be filled with topics ranging from working with peer engineers to design and select the right solutions to working with our suppliers on quality and schedule choices or planning how we validate and prove our products are of the right quality.
As an individual you have as strong technical background in product making and over the years have proven your skills in leading complex and large projects. You have the necessary skills to lead decision making with facts but at the same time understand how we move forward without always knowing everything. You bring energy to execution with your hands-on approach and deeply care about not only product quality but also the quality of how we work.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. We have our HQ in Helsinki, but you can do a large part of your work remotely in Finland. What ever works best for you. If you’re based somewhere else at the moment, we will gladly help with relocating to Finland and make your move to the Scandinavia as easy as possible.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead the execution of a large and complex HW product programs
- Establish the right working methods and project thinking that enables us to succeed both on the level of the whole project but also daily and weekly when work happens
- Take accountability that we make good sound decisions but do them at the right time.
- Bring to the table technical depth in one relevant area of product making. This can be electronics, mechanics or for example production technologies and systems.
- Experience of working with physical products in a lead role accountable for delivery and execution.
- Track record of getting things done and shipped to customers
- Experience of modern working methods in HW development and quality assurance.
- Technical depth in at least one areas of interest: electronics, mechanics, optics, production systems or similar.
- Bonus if you have experience of working with contract manufacturing, products that include cameras, displays and/or complex computing chips.
By joining us, you’ll get:
- Opportunity to take part in creating the new state-of-the-art in virtual and mixed reality experiences.
- A low-hierarchy culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work.
- Flexible working conditions, competitive salary, and great benefits
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively.
- An international working environment with tons of opportunities to learn and grow with the company.
Ready to jump into the exciting world of VR/XR? Apply now. Please include your CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile.
Even if your profile is not a perfect match but you want to learn and grow, we’d love to hear from you.
This position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.