Product Manager, Varjo Devices
At Varjo we are building the future of immersive computing. The mixed reality experiences we create will empower each of us to be more creative and more productive. Our focus is on the most demanding professional use cases, and the technology we are building now is defining the consumer mainstream in Virtual and Mixed Reality for years to come.
Redefining computing relies on us creating hardware and software that seamlessly merge virtual reality and the real world. To create this illusion, we are designing and developing completely new ways of using cameras, complex imaging pipelines and computer vision algorithms.
We are now looking for a product manager to set the direction on some of our most important tracks in the development of our Virtual and Mixed Reality headsets. You will be responsible for working with customers and partners to validate their needs and translate these into roadmaps for your engineering and design teams. For example, you might be trying to understand how customers are using our eye-tracking technology, investigating the external technology landscape, and then using this information to make short-run trade-offs around feature prioritization, but also informing a long-run roadmap for your area. You will help our R&D teams to surface the customer and business implications of the technical options we have, and lead the product discussion on your areas with senior management.
This is a highly technical space, and you will be working with some of the industry’s leading experts. You do not need to have a background in VR/XR, but you will need to show an interest and aptitude for bridging the gap between customers and deep technology. You can get into the detail of topics, but also to provide clear written and oral synthesis. Experience building hardware products is helpful, but not essential. Enterprise B2B product experience is preferred.
- Define the long run roadmap and feature backlog for 2-3 engineering teams
- Interact with customers and sales to understand requirements
- Make priority trade-offs taking into account business and technical imperatives
- Communicate the plans and vision for you area across the organisation
- 5 years product management experience. You should have a track record of working with engineering on a technically demanding product.
- Experience working directly with end customers to understand requirements.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with either hardware product development, or enterprise B2B products
- Willingness to be hands on across the full lifecycle of product development, from research to specifications, to commercial launch.
- The possibility to see into the future of computing as you define the future mixed reality experiences
- Work with teams of world-leading domain experts (optics, computer vision, industrial design)
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary and reward plan to share the success
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
This position can be based in Finland, Germany, Norway, Sweden or UK.