Engineering Director, Reality Services
Varjo has a vision that the next step of Mixed reality is empowered by cloud-based platforms and applications enabling seamless and real-to-life collaboration and teleportation. Already today Varjo offers services such as Varjo Reality Cloud that enable car designers to collaborate across continents at human eye resolution. And this is only the start.
The Engineering Director of Varjo Reality services will lead the engineering group building this vision and partner with product and design to succeed together.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead Reality Services engineering group that consists of around 30 engineers and will grow to 50-70 in the next 24 months, where the majority will be remote in Europe
- Build a world-class software engineering culture. Over time impact the culture of the whole Varjo engineering organization
- Great people leadership for engineering team leads and staff engineers and bar setting for people leadership of whole group. Success at growing and hiring the team. Lead with empathy, focus on hiring a diverse group of people and create a culture of inclusivity.
- Partner with product to build a culture of empowered product teams
- Be accountable for technology and execution success but achieve it through focus on goal setting, steering, and coaching.
- Multiple years of engineering management or director level engineering position in SaaS (software as a service) based business, ideally in the hi-tech or enterprise space.
- Experience operating early-stage and mature organizations, and ability to judge what is appropriate for Varjo’s stage of development.
- Experience working alongside strong product and design teams.
- Deep experience of working and leading in a remote engineering team. Readily available tools on how communication, goal setting, decision making and day to day operations are successful.
- Expertise in hiring for engineering teams and capability to be a bar-raiser for interviewing and hiring process
- Advanced people influencing and coaching skills.
By joining us, you’ll get:
- Opportunity to take part in creating the new state-of-the-art in virtual and mixed reality experiences.
- A low-hierarchy culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work.
- Flexible working conditions, competitive salary, and great benefits
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively.
- An international working environment with tons of opportunities to learn and grow with the company.
Our multicultural team consists of talents from all around the world, and our daily working language is English. We believe in the power of diversity – where different experiences, backgrounds, and ideas drive innovation and results.
Ready to jump into the exciting world of VR/XR? Apply now. Please include your CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile.
Even if your profile is not a perfect match but you want to learn and grow, we’d love to hear from you.
This position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.