Helsinki or Oslo
Are you skilled in 3D modeling and motion graphics? Do you want to use your artistic skills to develop immersive user interfaces for mixed and virtual reality? If this sounds like you, we’d love to chat.
We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
As our 3D Artist, you will design immersive 3D environments, 3D user interfaces, and user interactions for Varjo software and services. You will work on your design projects from start to finish, covering the product lifecycle from high-level concepts to detailed design of pixel-perfect assets, UI components, and motion and animation designs. Your goal is to create and develop a consistent and high-quality look-and feel across all Varjo UIs.
You’ll work closely with our design team colleagues and engineering teams to develop and polish the detailed implementation. You will also frequently collaborate with our marketing team for topics relating to common brand style and assets. We hope you’re a proven expert in delivering product-quality assets and designs in time and with high quality, and that you are comfortable with working on multiple fast-paced projects at the same time.
What you’ll be doing
- Create and explore 3D visual designs, motion effects, and transitions across Varjo’s software including immersive in-headset user interfaces, desktop and mobile applications, and online documentation, from concept to production.
- Present your concept ideas, design alternatives, and prototypes, gather feedback, and iterate the design further.
- Prototype and detail your designs in Unity and Unreal Engine, work with shaders and lighting, and optimize the runtime performance of your graphics.
- Deliver pixel-perfect hi-fidelity designs to front-end development, and work with the engineering teams to ensure that the designs are implemented correctly.
- Develop and maintain a coherent visual style for Varjo software and services, keeping an eye out for high-quality brand look-and-feel and consistency.
- Relevant professional and creative experience of delivering visual UI designs and assets from concept to production.
- Proficiency with creating 3D models, textures, motion, and animations.
- Experience of relevant 3D software such as Maya, Cinema 4D, or Blender.
- Capability to work with Unity and Unreal Engine, or willingness to learn more.
- Artistic skills with an eye for good design – typography, color theory, a sense of style and polish – you know what is both functional and what looks good.
- Fluent language skills in English
By joining us, you’ll get:
- Opportunity to take part in creating the new state-of-the-art in virtual and mixed reality experiences.
- A low-hierarchy culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work.
- Flexible working conditions
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively.
- An international working environment with tons of opportunities to learn and grow with the company.
Ready to jump into the exciting world of VR and XR? Apply now. Please include your CV, portfolio, and a cover letter to let us know why you are interested in this position.
Even if your profile is not a perfect match but you want to learn and grow, we’d love to hear from you.
This position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Varjo is a Finnish metaverse technology company. We are known for mixed reality that looks and feels just as real as the real world. Founded in 2016, Varjo is doing business in more than 40 countries worldwide, with offices in Helsinki, Oslo, and Washington D.C. And the resolution revolution has only just begun.
Our in-house R&D team designs and develops hardware, software, and services that are now a symbol of the highest quality across the industry. Varjo’s VR and XR solutions are already being used to train astronauts, design vehicles, and many more professional use cases across the world’s leading companies. Since recently, we’ve also been setting new standards for prosumers looking for true-to-life virtual simulations. Next, we are about to bring to life our vision for the metaverse of the future. The programmable world that once existed only behind our screens will merge with our physical surroundings, and it will forever change the choreography of our everyday life.
Our multicultural team consists of talents from all around the world, and our daily working language is English. We believe in the power of diversity – where different experiences, backgrounds, and ideas drive innovation and results.