Senior Information Designer
Helsinki or Oslo
Are you good at explaining complex things to others? Do you know how to make information easy to read, find, and navigate? If this sounds like you, we’d love to chat.
We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
As our Information designer, you will create and design the user guidance across all Varjo’s products and services. You will be responsible for the information design and content creation for our documentation and user guidance online, in print, and in all our software products on a UI level. Your goal is to develop high-quality user guidance for our whole product line from hardware to software, and look after a consistent tone of voice and style for all user-facing materials.
You’ll work closely with our teams in design, product management, engineering, marketing, and customer support to coordinate documentation needs and product information. You will also manage our supplier network for copywriting and language translations. We hope you’re a proven expert in managing projects and your own flow of tasks, and equipped with a curious and proactive approach to work.
What you’ll be doing
- Design the information structure, user flows, and information contents for user guides, user interface instructions, software tutorials, and other end-user documentation
- Work together with visual designers to create illustrations, infographics, and other visualizations to complement text-based contents
- Plan, manage, and publish continuous updates for our end-user documentation online
- Coordinate text translations and copywriting for user interface texts and documentation with our partner network
- Maintain and develop Varjo tone-of-voice and style across user interfaces and documentation.
- Prior work experience of information design, UX writing, or UI design
- Experience of working with multi-language design and understanding how multi-language support affects the requirements for text design
- Experience and skills in project management
- Capability to manage your workload independently
- Fluent language skills in English. Skills in any other language is an advantage.
- Experience of UX and UI design is an advantage
- Please note that we do not expect professional visual design skills in this role.
By joining us, you’ll get:
- Opportunity to take part in creating the new state-of-the-art in virtual and mixed reality experiences
- A low-hierarchy culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Flexible working conditions
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- An international working environment with tons of opportunities to learn and grow with the company
Ready to jump into the exciting world of VR and XR? Apply now. Please include your CV, portfolio, and a cover letter to let us know why you are interested in this position.
Even if your profile is not a perfect match but you want to learn and grow, we’d love to hear from you.
This position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Varjo is a Finnish metaverse technology company. We are known for mixed reality that looks and feels just as real as the real world. Founded in 2016, Varjo is doing business in more than 40 countries worldwide, with offices in Helsinki, Oslo, and Washington D.C. And the resolution revolution has only just begun.
Our in-house R&D team designs and develops hardware, software, and services that are now a symbol of the highest quality across the industry. Varjo’s VR and XR solutions are already being used to train astronauts, design vehicles, and many more professional use cases across the world’s leading companies. Since recently, we’ve also been setting new standards for prosumers looking for true-to-life virtual simulations. Next, we are about to bring to life our vision for the metaverse of the future. The programmable world that once existed only behind our screens will merge with our physical surroundings, and it will forever change the choreography of our everyday life.
Our multicultural team consists of talents from all around the world, and our daily working language is English. We believe in the power of diversity – where different experiences, backgrounds, and ideas drive innovation and results.