Varjo is a Finnish metaverse technology company developing the world’s most advanced VR/XR hardware and software. We’re best known for delivering virtual and mixed reality that look and feel just as real as the real world. Founded in 2016, Varjo now operates in over 40 countries worldwide with 170+ employees in offices in Helsinki, Oslo, and Washington D.C. And the resolution revolution has only just begun.
Our in-house R&D team produces virtual and mixed reality hardware, software, and services that are now a symbol of the highest quality across the industry. Varjo’s VR and XR solutions are already being used to train astronauts at Boeing, design vehicles at Aston Martin, and for virtually all professional use cases across the world’s leading companies. Since recently, we’re also setting new standards for prosumers looking for true-to-life virtual simulations. Next, we are about to bring to life our vision for the metaverse of the future. The programmable world that once existed only behind our screens will merge with our physical surroundings, and it will forever change the choreography of our everyday life.
Varjo team is full of top talents in their respective fields. An Office Assistant is the supportive force enabling the rest of the team to focus on what they do and know best. We’re currently seeking someone exceptional to take the helm for the supporting activities in our Helsinki office.
The ideal person for the job will be a problem solver with excellent communication skills and impeccable attention to detail, having previous experience working in an office environment, performing administrative tasks and providing support to coworkers. The ability to multitask, manage complex schedules, and meet changing deadlines is essential to the position.
- Be the eyes and ears of the office, providing information, answering questions, resolving office-related malfunctions, and responding to requests or issues
- Oversee and order office supplies, anticipating requirements, stocking supply stations, and making sure equipment is in working order
- Keep the office organized and stocked throughout kitchens, conference rooms, stock and storage rooms/closets, and common areas
- Manage the reception operations, acting as the first point of contact for guests, employees, candidates, and vendors
- Coordinate internal and external resources related to e.g. cleaning and other services
- Support colleagues in travel reservations and courier services
- Provide other ad-hoc support to office and other team members as needed, including support in organizing events onsite and offsite
- Proven administrative experience
- Self-driven personality with good planning and organizational skills
- Team player, ability to perform in cross functional teams and to share knowledge to others
- Proactive attitude and willingness to take on more or new responsibilities
- Great customer service and communication skills
- Strong time-management skills and multitasking ability
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with aptitude to learn new software and systems
By joining us, you’ll get:
- An international working environment with tons of opportunities to learn and grow with the company.
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively.
- Competitive salary, great benefits, and flexible working conditions.
- A low-hierarchy culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work.
As we are developing the next computing paradigm, we need a versatile team to help ensure that the new realities are designed for everyone. Our multicultural team consists of talents from all around the world, and our daily working language is English.
We believe in the power of diversity – where different experiences, backgrounds, and ideas drive innovation and results. Even if your profile is not a perfect match but you want to learn and grow, we’d love to hear from you.
This position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found. Ready to jump into the exciting world of VR/XR?
Please include your CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile.