Varjo is a Finnish metaverse technology company developing the world’s most advanced VR/XR hardware and software. We’re best known for delivering virtual and mixed reality that look and feel just as real as the real world. Founded in 2016, Varjo now operates in over 40 countries worldwide with 170+ employees in offices in Helsinki, Oslo, and Washington D.C. And the resolution revolution has only just begun.
Our in-house R&D team produces virtual and mixed reality hardware, software, and services that are now a symbol of the highest quality across the industry. Varjo’s VR and XR solutions are already being used to train astronauts at Boeing, design vehicles at Aston Martin, and for virtually all professional use cases across the world’s leading companies. Since recently, we’re also setting new standards for prosumers looking for true-to-life virtual simulations. Next, we are about to bring to life our vision for the metaverse of the future. The programmable world that once existed only behind our screens will merge with our physical surroundings, and it will forever change the choreography of our everyday life.
To create the best products, we need the best people. And the best people need to be able to focus on their core tasks. Your skills and expertise are essential in enabling this by providing them an easy-to-use, responsive, reliable, and secure IT environment in which to operate. As our IT Manager, you will manage Varjo’s IT infrastructure and system environments.
You will be part of team and your duties includes installing and configuring software, hardware, and networks, as well as manage server infrastructure in the cloud and on-premises. You'll set up accounts and workstations, monitor performance, and maintain systems according to requirements. You will upgrade systems with new releases and models. If there is an issue or outage, you will troubleshoot it.
To succeed in this role, you need to understand security requirements and be able to maintain a secure system infrastructure with access controls, firewalls, and different network tools. Remember, we are playing important support role in IT so you can use your social skills too.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland.
- Installation and configuration of new and operational support of existing laptops and desktops, both Windows and Mac
- Network support and maintenance for both hardware and software
- Administrating Microsoft 365 stack and other SaaS services we are using e.g. Slack and Atlassian products
- Troubleshoot local computer, software, and network problems
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Preferably a degree in Computer Science
- Knowledge of Windows and MacOS operating systems
- Experience with Microsoft 365 stack including Office 365, Azure AD, SharePoint Online, and PowerShell
- Knowledge of networking services and techniques
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work and act independently
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
By joining us, you’ll get:
- Freedom and responsibility to build the IT setup for a growing company
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively.
- Competitive salary, great benefits, and flexible working conditions.
- An international working environment with tons of opportunities to learn and grow with the company.
- A low-hierarchy culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work.
As we are developing the next computing paradigm, we need a versatile team to help ensure that the new realities are designed for everyone. Our multicultural team consists of talents from all around the world, and our daily working language is English.
We believe in the power of diversity – where different experiences, backgrounds, and ideas drive innovation and results. Even if your profile is not a perfect match but you want to learn and grow, we’d love to hear from you.
This position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found. Ready to jump into the exciting world of VR/XR?
Please include your CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile.