Sales Development Representative
Varjo is a Finnish metaverse technology company developing the world’s most advanced VR/XR hardware and software. We’re best known for delivering virtual and mixed reality that look and feel just as real as the real world. Founded in 2016, Varjo now operates in over 40 countries worldwide with 170+ employees in offices in Helsinki, Oslo, and Washington D.C. And the resolution revolution has only just begun.
Our in-house R&D team produces virtual and mixed reality hardware, software, and services that are now a symbol of the highest quality across the industry. Varjo’s VR and XR solutions are already being used to train astronauts at Boeing, design vehicles at Aston Martin, and for virtually all professional use cases across the world’s leading companies. Since recently, we’ve also been setting new standards for prosumers looking for true-to-life virtual simulations. Next, we are about to bring to life our vision for the metaverse of the future. The programmable world that once existed only behind our screens will merge with our physical surroundings, and it will forever change the choreography of our everyday life.
We’re looking for a passionate Sales Development Representative to join us in this mission & help grow our largest potential market: North America. This is not your typical boring entry-level sales job. The Sales Development Representative role at Varjo is your gateway to a long and lucrative career in professional sales. You’ll be helping organizations adopt the world’s most cutting-edge technology and partner with them as they change the way their companies do business. This position will play a critical role by helping to acquire and qualify new business by acting as a liaison between our Marketing & Sales teams; helping to curate, contact & qualify inbound leads, as well as to proactively seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers who are not familiar with our company. The company is in high-growth mode right now, so the pace is fast & exciting, and we’re looking for people that can match that speed. This person needs to be analytical, enjoys solving problems and has an entrepreneurial spirit.
What you’ll be doing
- Systematically qualify inbound leads at the initial stages in the sales funnel
- Research & identify new outbound business opportunities by prospecting and researching the right contacts at targeted companies
- Outreach to attendees of tradeshows/conferences both before and after the events
- Contact potential clients through phone, email & other methods
- Generate interest & awareness around Varjo products and solutions by effectively communicating the value proposition and handling objections
- Schedule high value in-person & phone meetings for Account Executives with prospective customers
- Collaborate with marketing & sales teams to improve the efficiency of the lead management process
- Take ownership of & improve upper-funnel activities & processes, including CRM data management
- Some travel to sales and marketing events
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 1+ year of business development or sales experience preferred
- Industry knowledge specific to the VR/XR space or selling into a specific key vertical (Aerospace, Energy, Medical, etc) preferred. Passion to learn these areas is required.
- Strong technical background
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, verbal & written communication skills
- Experience working in a CRM and marketing automation tools
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Desire to be coached and receive feedback
- Ability to travel up to 50%
By joining us, you’ll get:
- Opportunity to reshape the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state-of-the-art in virtual and mixed reality experiences.
- A low-hierarchy culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work.
- An international working environment with tons of opportunities to learn and grow with the company.
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively.
- Competitive salary
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- 20 days of holidays plus Bank Holidays.
As we are developing the next computing paradigm, we need a versatile team to help ensure that the new realities are designed for everyone. Our multicultural team consists of talents from all around the world, and our daily working language is English. We believe in the power of diversity – where different experiences, backgrounds, and ideas drive innovation and results. Even if your profile is not a perfect match but you want to learn and grow, we’d love to hear from you.
This position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found. Ready to jump into the exciting world of VR/XR? Apply now. Please include your CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile.