Varjo is a Finnish metaverse technology company developing the world’s most advanced VR/XR hardware and software. We’re best known for delivering virtual and mixed reality that look and feel just as real as the real world. Founded in 2016, Varjo now operates in over 40 countries worldwide with 170+ employees in offices in Helsinki, Oslo, and Washington D.C. And the resolution revolution has only just begun.
Our in-house R&D team produces virtual and mixed reality hardware, software, and services that are now a symbol of the highest quality across the industry. Varjo’s VR and XR solutions are already being used to train astronauts at Boeing, design vehicles at Aston Martin, and for virtually all professional use cases across the world’s leading companies. Since recently, we’ve also been setting new standards for prosumers looking for true-to-life virtual simulations. Next, we are about to bring to life our vision for the metaverse of the future. The programmable world that once existed only behind our screens will merge with our physical surroundings, and it will forever change the choreography of our everyday life.
We are offering you an exciting position as Account Executive, where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping Varjo’s commercial efforts.
We are looking for an organized and hands-on salesperson with excellent communication and negotiation skills. You have prior experience from enterprise sales and are passionate about technology. And, most importantly, you’re used to exceeding targets wherever you go. You will drive sales growth by managing a B2B sales pipeline from proactively prospecting, and managing a qualified lead to closed deal, engaging daily with prospects and customers from the world’s leading enterprises. The company is in a high-growth mode right now, so we’re looking for people who are quick learners, like solving problems, and have an entrepreneurial spirit. If you feel inspired by this job description, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll be doing
- Drive sales growth: acquire new business by taking ownership of your sales pipeline from outbound proactive activities, qualified leads to closed deals
- Professionally engage with prospective customers to build trust, identify needs, provide value, and close business, across a variety of channels
- Work closely with sales development and customer success representatives to drive new sales opportunities
- Maintain a high level of activity and work ethic to continuously meet and exceed sales targets and land new customers
- Develop a high level of domain expertise within VR/XR, our products, and our customers’ businesses
- Be accountable and own your business - being able to provide an accurate and rolling 3 months forecast on a weekly basis.
- 5+ years sales experience, preferably in enterprise technology
- Proven track record of closing business and exceeding sales targets
- Strong command of the enterprise sales playbook and relevant technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills in English
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in business or technology, or equivalent practical experience
- Being able to work from home office and ideally based in Germany, Norway, or UK/I.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of working time
By joining us, you’ll get:
- The opportunity to participate in creating the future vision of Varjo’s mixed reality products and services
- A low-hierarchy culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary, great benefits, and flexible working conditions.
- An international working environment with tons of opportunities to learn and grow with the company.
As we are developing the next computing paradigm, we need a versatile team to help ensure that the new realities are designed for everyone. Our multicultural team consists of talents from all around the world, and our daily working language is English. We believe in the power of diversity – where different experiences, backgrounds, and ideas drive innovation and results. Even if your profile is not a perfect match but you want to learn and grow, we’d love to hear from you.
This position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found. Ready to jump into the exciting world of VR/XR? Apply now. Please include your CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile.