Senior Camera Rendering Engineer
At Varjo we create hardware and software experiences to fulfill our vision of immersive computing. The mixed reality experiences we are creating will empower each of us to be more creative and more productive.
We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it. When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
Varjo is building the highest-end Mixed Reality HMDs in the world. At the heart of our HMDs is a high-fidelity multi-camera visual pipeline consisting of several RGB camera sensors fused together in real-time. We at Varjo are looking for a Senior Embedded Camera Rendering Engineer to help make this pipeline look as sharp as possible!
You are the ideal candidate because you have worked on embedded or mobile platforms and implemented real-time camera processing algorithms on them. You are familiar with multi-camera color and brightness matching and know how to blend and stitch multiple camera sources together. You have also worked on computer graphics related problems and know how to efficiently render pixel-perfect scenes using embedded GPUs.
In this role you will be mainly working on resource-constrained ARM-based Linux environments so you will have a chance to apply industry standard optimizations as well as develop new ones to squeeze the last bit of performance out of the available computational resources. As the computational resources are scarce you will be working in close collaboration with other software and hardware teams to make sure everybody gets their fair share.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Even though our office is in Helsinki, you can do your work mostly remotely in Finland. There is the occasional need to come to the office to evaluate various hardware, but apart from that you are free to choose where you work.
If you're based somewhere else at the moment, we will also gladly help with relocating to Finland and make your move to the capital of the world's happiest and cleanest country as easy as possible.
- Research, implement and optimize real-time multi-camera stitching and blending algorithms.
- Write optimized algorithms and run them on the GPU.
- Write efficient multithreaded and vectorized CPU code when required.
- Mainly work on ARM Linux based platform.
- Take accountability for solutions that are modular and testable. Have pride for building unit and regression testing to prove that your code and solutions truly work.
- Work closely with hardware and other software engineering teams on tech selections and solutions.
- When necessary debug, optimize, and aspire to make things pixel-perfect. Be willing to spend time in making things truly amazing, not just great.
- Experience in multi-camera stitching and blending including color and brightness matching
- Experience in real-time computer graphics. Knowledge of modern graphics APIs such as Vulkan, DirectX12 or Metal considered as a plus.
- Fluent in modern C++ with over 4 years of experience as primary CPU language
- Track record of shipping working code and solutions based on your contributions
- Team player, ability to perform in cross functional teams, and to share knowledge to others in English
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in mixed reality experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary and reward plan to share the success
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki and the opportunity to work remote
Get in touch
Ready to join? Apply now.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate will be found. Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.