Senior Software Engineer, Manufacturing test
Varjo is a Finnish metaverse technology company developing the world’s most advanced VR/XR hardware and software. We’re best known for delivering virtual and mixed reality that look and feel just as real as the real world. Founded in 2016, Varjo now operates in over 40 countries worldwide with 180+ employees in offices in Helsinki, Oslo, and Washington D.C. And the resolution revolution has only just begun.
Our in-house R&D team produces virtual and mixed reality hardware, software, and services that are now a symbol of the highest quality across the industry. Varjo’s VR and XR solutions are already being used to train astronauts at Boeing, design vehicles at Aston Martin, and for virtually all professional use cases across the world’s leading companies. Since recently, we’re also setting new standards for prosumers looking for true-to-life virtual simulations. Next, we are about to bring to life our vision for the metaverse of the future. The programmable world that once existed only behind our screens will merge with our physical surroundings, and it will forever change the choreography of our everyday life.
We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping Varjo’s testing capability efforts.
Our development programs combine our engineering and supply chain experts into an accountable high performing team, working with the best partners in the world.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer / Specialist, working in manufacturing testing area and who is looking to grow their career in a fast paced hi-tech environment.
You will be working very closely with the new product programs creating production testing capabilities to qualify devices which meets the business and customer requirements. You have an important role in defining the software requirements and in the implementation.
You have a solid SW developer background, and you have a track record in developing software for different device testing purposes. In this role, you should be able to work independently with little supervision.
As a person, you have a systematic way of working and you can adapt fast into changes. You are curious about new technology and enjoy work in fast paced environment.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities in Finland is a possibility we can discuss and support.
- Develop high-quality software design
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies
- Over five years experience in software development by using Python, C#, Linux
- Possibility to be available at the Varjo office in Helsinki when needed
- Interest and ability to participate to the manufacturing testing when needed including release testing, debugging, internal builds, etc.
- NI TestStand and manufacturing test development experience considered as an advantage
- Analytical mind with problem-solving attitude
- Ability to work independently
By joining us, you’ll get:
- Fantastic opportunity to reshape the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state-of-the-art in virtual and mixed reality experiences.
- Work with smart and likeminded people and organization that is pushing the boundaries of VR/XR technology.
- Competitive salary, great benefits, and flexible working conditions.
- A low-hierarchy culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work.
- An international working environment with tons of opportunities to learn and grow with the company.
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively.
As we are developing the next computing paradigm, we need a versatile team to help ensure that the new realities are designed for everyone. Our multicultural team consists of talents from all around the world, and our daily working language is English. We believe in the power of diversity – where different experiences, backgrounds, and ideas drive innovation and results. Even if your profile is not a perfect match but you want to learn and grow, we’d love to hear from you.
This position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found. Ready to jump into the exciting world of VR/XR? Apply now. Please include your CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile.