Varjo is a Finnish metaverse technology company developing the world’s most advanced VR/XR hardware and software. We’re best known for delivering virtual and mixed reality that look and feel just as real as the real world. Founded in 2016, Varjo now operates in over 40 countries worldwide with 170+ employees in offices in Helsinki, Oslo, and Washington D.C. And the resolution revolution has only just begun.
Our in-house R&D team produces virtual and mixed reality hardware, software, and services that are now a symbol of the highest quality across the industry. Varjo’s VR and XR solutions are already being used to train astronauts at Boeing, design vehicles at Aston Martin, and for virtually all professional use cases across the world’s leading companies. Since recently, we’ve also been setting new standards for prosumers looking for true-to-life virtual simulations. Next, we are about to bring to life our vision for the metaverse of the future. The programmable world that once existed only behind our screens will merge with our physical surroundings, and it will forever change the choreography of our everyday life.
We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping Varjo’s commercial efforts.
An exciting opportunity is now available for a Solution Engineer, within the Varjo team for USA. The purpose of this role is to bring technical hands-on VR expertise to assist the sales team so that we can directly support our customers with solution development and deployment. The Solution Engineer will bring their extensive expertise in the most popular 3D engines such as Unity or Unreal Engine, and/or 3D designs tools such as Autodesk VRED and CATIA etc as well as sector specific VR/XR tools, combining that with their knowledge of Varjo solutions so that the customer gets the best result. This enables Varjo to support our customers as we grow from successful initial proof of concepts through to large scale enterprise deployments.
This role will work directly with qualified end customers to help them solve real problems, and in regular close contact with both R&D and Customer Support teams. The Solutions Engineer is ideally placed to drive the productive flow of information and feedback in all directions. They are comfortable in both customer-facing and detailed internal engineering conversations and can operate on their own or as part of a wider team working with strategic customer accounts.
As a Varjo team-member, you will be part of a growth company culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity to take charge of your work. Varjo culture values willingness to learn, work and grow with the best colleagues in an international business environment. High ambition, passion, caring for each other, trust and respect are key characteristics of how Varjo people work and win business in the global markets.
The key responsibilities of the Solutions Engineer can be summarized as follows:
- Serves as the technical bridge between Varjo engineering and USA customers / strategic partners, as well as being the bridge between customers and the Varjo customer support team on challenging support cases.
- Supports sales and business development with technical depth in finding solutions for customer needs and requirements.
- Joins sales team members on calls, helps answer questions and supports deep discovery.
- Serve as the bridge between Varjo’s software partnership team and the customer, helping the customer to make most use of Varjo-specific functionality in each software
- Take detailed feedback from customers (issues, as well as feature requests), structure it and bring it up with the right people in the organization
- Helps customers to directly go from a concept of XR usage into detailed level understanding of how their needs can be solved. Helps the customer to scope the technical requirements required to create a successful solution, including software integration, game engines and hardware compatibility.
- Works with customers & partners on Varjo hardware / software integrations to develop effective proof of concepts.
- For strategic customers/partners, consults and helps provide guidance around wider application and program deployments.
- Proactively addresses more complex support tickets to ensure customer satisfaction and create favourable conditions to further grow the Varjo business.
The key KPIs for the role are seen to be in the following areas
- Successful deployment of Varjo technology to solve customer problems.
- Growth in existing accounts by expanding deployment and perceived business benefits
- Successful migration of customers from VR to XR usage
- Successful resolution of Support cases and increased customer satisfaction.
- To be considered for this role you must possess experience developing and releasing software on platforms using major 3D engines (Unity / Unreal Engine)
- You will ideally also have hands-on experience working with VR and/or AR hardware
- Experience working in 3D software’s such as VRED, CATIA, 3DS is also beneficial.
- Comfortable working in customer facing roles.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, high integrity, and a can-do mindset.
- Outstanding team player who is motivated in helping the team to reach their goals.
- Excellent presenter with native-level business English language skills.
- Interest and experience in working with international customers and teams
- MBA/MSc level educational degree.
By joining us, you’ll get:
- Fantastic opportunity reshape the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state-of-the-art in virtual and mixed reality experiences.
- Work with smart and likeminded people and organization that is pushing the boundaries of VR/XR technology.
- Enjoy a people-focused company established by the employees.
- An international working environment with tons of opportunities to learn and grow with the company.
- Competitive salary, great benefits and flexible working conditions
- A low-hierarchy culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work.
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
As we are developing the next computing paradigm, we need a versatile team to help ensure that the new realities are designed for everyone. Our multicultural team consists of talents from all around the world, and our daily working language is English. We believe in the power of diversity – where different experiences, backgrounds, and ideas drive innovation and results. Even if your profile is not a perfect match but you want to learn and grow, we’d love to hear from you.
This position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found. Ready to jump into the exciting world of VR/XR? Apply now. Please include your CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile.