Supply Chain Project Manager
At Varjo we create hardware and software to fulfill our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
Our development programs combine our engineering and supply chain experts into an accountable high performing team, working with the best partners in the world.
We are now looking for a Supply Chain Project Manager to help us to scale the operations to the next level. Your key role is to manage projects for supply chain capability creation as part of a product development program. The supply chain covers all major areas including material supply, production methods and tooling, production testing as well as production quality, from board assembly to final product assembly and shipment.
The ideal candidate could be a project management professional with additional skills from some of the key supply chain process areas, while having special interest within quality assurance. Person would also enjoy working with the best experts and international teams, initiate and drive actions, at the same time not being afraid of hands-on tasks or details. Role would be ideal for a person that is driven by clear purpose and gets additional energy when making a direct impact to the business results within dynamic hi-tech environment.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting and remote work from other cities in Finland is a possibility we can discuss and support.
- Plan and lead supply chain projects, with a virtual team of area experts. Ensure production readiness and quality capability are built on time.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, drive to create the best possible solutions.
- Assess vendor and manufacturing operations performance and quality, identifying problematic areas and actions for improvements.
- Track relevant KPIs and reports for maturing operations and performance.
- Provide needed results analysis for decision making.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- 10+ years’ experience in creating and implementing production systems.
- Experienced in production processes, manufacturing quality processes, systems, and capacity planning in electronic device manufacturing. Experience in optics and/or camera manufacturing is a plus.
- Good knowledge on production related quality tools (e.g., Six-Sigma, AQI)
- Good overall understand of electronic device production processes.
- Exceptional cross-functional and collaboration skills, experience in working with teams from Asia.
- Takes initiatives, drives for results while having attention to details, attitude for problem solving.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Fluent English and readiness for traveling.
- A start-up culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work.
- Work with the best, learn from the best.
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively.
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki.
Get in touch
Ready to join? Apply now.
Include your CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile. Send us details of work you are especially proud of and what you did in those projects – wow us.
If you know people who are already working at Varjo, feel free to mention their names in your message.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.