At Varjo we create hardware and software to fulfil our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
We are looking for seasoned backend developers to be among the very first team members of Varjo's cloud business unit. You bring to the table solid experience in API driven software development, utilising cloud infrastructure. Your job will be developing cloud applications that enable best in class extended reality and virtual reality experiences to our customers. In your role you will take part into all parts of the application lifecycle: design, develop and deploy. You will be supported by our diverse team of experts from product design to build automation.
- Design, build and implement Varjo backend applications with the rest of the team
- Writing suitable test cases for ensuring software quality
- Testing and deploying software to our cloud infrastructure, with help from our DevOps team
- At least 3 years of experience in software development
- Fluent Java programming skills
- Experience on developing applications with Spring Boot and Docker
- Familiarity of AWS services such as EKS, SQS, CloudWatch and DocumentDB
- Familiarity of agile working methods
- Good English communication skills
- You have DevOps mindset and interest towards automation
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in virtual and mixed reality products and experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Get in touch
Ready to join? Apply now.
Include your CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile. Send us details of work you are especially proud of and what you did in those projects – wow us.
If you know people who are already working for Varjo, feel free to drop their names in your message.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply. Even if your profile is not a perfect match but you want to learn and grow, we would love to hear from you.