Full Stack Developer
At Varjo we create hardware and software to fulfil our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
We are looking for hands-on, seasoned full-stack developer to be among the very first team members of Varjo's cloud business unit. We hope that you bring to the table solid experience in cloud application development, utilising cloud infrastructure and are able to contribute to all technical challenges be it front-end components, backend systems or CI/CD pipeline. Your job is to develop cloud applications that enable best in class extended reality and virtual reality experiences to our customers. In your role you will take part into all parts of the application lifecycle: design, develop and deploy. You will be supported by our diverse team of experts from product design to build automation.
- Designing and implementing Varjo cloud applications
- Writing suitable test cases for ensuring software quality
- Testing and deploying software to our cloud infrastructure, with help from our DevOps team
- At least 3 years of experience in software development
- Expertise in frontend technologies: React.js
- Expertise in backend technology: Node.js
- Expertise in specific AWS technologies is a plus: Cognito, Amplify, CDK and DynamoDB, AWS Lambda
- Familiarity of agile working methods
- Good English communication skills
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in virtual and mixed reality products and experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Get in touch
Ready to join? Apply now.
Include your CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile. Send us details of work you are especially proud of and what you did in those projects – wow us.
If you know people who are already working for Varjo, feel free to drop their names in your message.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply. Even if your profile is not a perfect match but you want to learn and grow, we would love to hear from you.