Senior Computer Vision Developer
A device with eyes and sensors is useless without the capability to understand the meaning of that data in a similar manner as we humans do. Creating that capability for our devices is where you come to the picture.
We at Varjo are looking for a Computer Vision Developer to join the team and start doing your magic with computer vision and how users interact with the world. You will be working with the typical ala carte of topics such as SLAM, 3D reconstruction, depth sensing, pose tracking and quite a few others. As a person you enjoy not only researching solutions to complex problems but also actually getting those into the hands of real users. Applying vision, machine learning and just pure old awesome coding to blend the lines of virtual and real life is your passion and hobby. The engineers and designers you will be working are world class in their own domain, we want you to aspire for the same.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities in Finland is a possibility we can discuss and support. We are also open to discuss fully remote working.
If you're based somewhere else at the moment, we will also gladly help with relocating to Finland and make your move to the capital of the world's happiest and cleanest country as easy as possible.
- Research, develop, implement and optimize algorithms and software solutions to solve complex computational vision challenges
- Create code that is elegant and maintainable. It really ships to users
- Take accountability for solutions that are modular and testable. Have pride for building unit and regression testing to prove that your code and solutions truly work.
- Work closely with hardware and other software engineering teams on tech selections and solutions.
- When necessary debug, optimize and aspire to make things pixel-perfect. Be willing to spend time in making things truly amazing, not just great.
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas: SLAM, dense mapping, 3d scene reconstruction, feature (eye, pose, gesture, object) tracking, image segmentation, scene understanding, 3d/mesh model compression
- Experience in dealing with multi-sensor, multi-modal, multi-camera systems
- Fluent in C/C++ with over 4 years of experience as primary language
- Track record of shipping working code and solutions based on your contributions
- MSc or Ph.D. degree in a relevant area (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics) or equivalent work experience.
- Team player, ability to perform in cross functional teams and to share knowledge to others
- Good communication skills in English
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in mixed reality experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary and reward plan to share the success
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Get in touch
Ready to join? Apply now.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate will be found. Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.