Privacy in Varjo Products and Services
Varjo is committed to offering premium products and services for demanding enterprise use cases and high-end consumer needs.
Varjo respects the privacy of the users of Varjo services. Varjo is committed to ensuring that the services are always safe and secure to use. Varjo does not hand over or sell information collected from Varjo customers and users to 3rd parties.
This page gives more detailed information on our data handling practices and information transferred between your computer and Varjo when using our products and services. If you have any questions, please contact Varjo Support.
What information does Varjo collect about users?
Creating an account
When creating a commercial account, we ask you to provide the following information:
- Basic personal information: first name, last name, and country
- Login information: email address, and password
- Your company can invite your commercial account to join an organization, which allows you to get access to the team-based services: Add seats in subscriptions, and admin rights to manage the team. Varjo keeps track of your permissions and roles in organizations your account belongs to.
When creating a personal account, we ask you to provide the following information:
- Basic personal information: first name, last name, country
- Login information: email address, and password
- Users of 13 years old or older can create personal accounts. To check the eligibility for creating an account, we also ask for the birth date at the time of creating an account. We do not save the date of birth on Varjo servers, and it cannot be edited after entering it. This information is only asked as a control question at the time of creating the account.
Managing your account information
- You can view and update your personal information in Varjo Account Portal at any time.
- If you wish to stop using Varjo products and services, you can delete your account from Varjo Account Portal. This removes your personal data from Varjo systems.
Logging in to Varjo Base
- You will be asked to sign into Varjo Base with your Varjo Account when using the headset. When you log in to Varjo Base, Varjo System checks the validity of the account and, in case of a commercial account, the related subscriptions and user roles assigned to the account.
- Varjo Base can show you different contents and functionality in the application depending on what user roles and subscriptions your account has been assigned.
- You can choose either to log out from Varjo Base every time you close the application or choose to save your credentials to Varjo Base from the login screen (“Remember me”).
Software and firmware updates
- You can choose to turn on automatic checks for software and firmware updates. To use this feature, you must be logged in to Varjo Base with your Varjo Account.
- When turned on, Varjo Base will periodically check for software and firmware updates for your headset and notify you when they become available. New software is downloaded and installed only if you accept it. Varjo Base does not automatically update without your permission.
If you encounter a problem with your Varjo product or service that requires help from Varjo Support team, collecting diagnostics can help to solve the issue quickly. Using Varjo Base, you can collect information about your Varjo system and send it to Varjo Support for troubleshooting.
Information collected with diagnostics depends on your system configuration. The information includes for example the following:
- Varjo system log files, including system events and error messages
- Computer hardware configuration, including, for example, motherboard, processor, graphics card, memory
- Computer OS and installed software: Windows version, Varjo Base version, SteamVR version (if installed)
- Connected headset information: headset serial number, firmware version
- Connected peripherals information: for example, controllers, and trackers
- Recording of headset’s eye camera for troubleshooting eye tracking related issues
- Recording of headset’s front cameras for troubleshooting inside-out tracking related issues (XR-3 only)
When sending diagnostics, we ask you to provide an email address (mandatory) and additional notes and attachments (optional) to Varjo for contacting you about your support request.
You can choose to send all or only part of the diagnostic files to Varjo. You can always review and edit all diagnostic files before sending them to Varjo. Varjo Base never sends diagnostics automatically.
- You can choose to help our product development and allow sending automatic crash reports to Varjo in case the system malfunctions. This feature can be controlled from Varjo Base.
- Crash reports include Varjo system log files, including system events and error messages. Crash reports do not contain your personal data.
- Varjo System does not report crashes without your permission.
Terms of Service for Varjo XR-3 and VR-3
Terms of Service for Varjo Reality Cloud